Hello Guest

Coffee Bean To Launch Game Cafe on 12 April!

• 36 Replies
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 08:23:03 am »
As you all know, Coffee Bean changed their minds at the last minute last year and we ended up doing the 6 weeks promo with Starbucks instead.

Here are some facts for your consumption:

1. It started as a 6 weeks promo in 6 stores and backed by the Settlers Qualifiers.

2. Starbucks did a media launch and rolled-out to 6 stores.

3. The promo was a success as can be seen by the number of participants in last year's qualifiers from Starbucks outlets - we had almost 92 unique participants, and the 2 qualifiers at Starbucks saw 16 players each. Compared to this year where the total unique participants fell less than 50, and most of the qualifiers were struggling to get the minimum 8 players.

4. Starbucks offered us to extend the promo to their entire 52 outlets, but we declined as there would have been too much costs involved, and we couldn't secure a sponsor.

5. The offer is still open.

Bottom line is that their franchise agreement will not allow them to be a games cafe, but if you want to promote the game at your cost, plus you cant sell off their stores, then the are happy to do it.

Offline wolfx

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 11:08:54 am »

[quote user="LoStBoYz"]It is still a niche market, not for mass consumption.
Its for people who like to read rules, english rules for the matter.
Its for people who don't mind playing a game knowing that he might actually lose.
Its for people who is comfortable sitting with a group of stranger playing a boardgame a warming up to them.
Its for people who thinks paying more than RM100 a game is well worth the money.
Its not about promotions, its about teaching them young. Teaching them to read vigourously, any book. Teaching them that losing is a way of learning to win.
[/quote]

We have to change the perception of eurogaming. Most girls who play eurogames now are because their boyfriends / husbands play them and they're in it so they can spend more time with their boys. I have converted 6 or more single women from various nationalities to play boardgames who have gone home to their home countries to spread the love.

So ....if you guys know pretty single chicks who are not just an accesory to a guy, bring them over to OTK and wolfx will set them right. Soon lostboyz will add to his list:

"Its for people who wanna bridge the geek/chick divide and play games with pretty eligible girls"

[:$]

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 01:23:56 pm »
[quote user="wolfx"]
are not just an accesory to a guy, bring them over to OTK and wolfx will set them right. Soon lostboyz will add to his list:

"Its for people who wanna bridge the geek/chick divide and play games with pretty eligible girls"

[/quote]

My goodness...such discrimination!!![nono] What about big, fat ugly girls with glasses? Aren't they welcome?[;)]

Offline rhyen

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »
[quote user="macedwin"]

Bottom line is that their franchise agreement will not allow them to be a games cafe, but if you want to promote the game at your cost, plus you cant sell off their stores, then the are happy to do it.[/quote]

and yet they are the only retailer of Paul McCrappy's latest CD, guess we really really must have some big publicity to get them to want to sell our introductory games.....

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 02:44:51 pm »
[quote user="wolfx"]

We have to change the perception of eurogaming. Most girls who play eurogames now are because their boyfriends / husbands play them and they're in it so they can spend more time with their boys. I have converted 6 or more single women from various nationalities to play boardgames who have gone home to their home countries to spread the love.

So ....if you guys know pretty single chicks who are not just an accesory to a guy, bring them over to OTK and wolfx will set them right. Soon lostboyz will add to his list:

[/quote]

Aiya they play because you play mah. You chick magnet, they have to get your interest mah.
Just out of curiosity, how many MARRIED couples other half actually share interest of boardgaming. I mean serious interest, not "bacause my othe half play so I play lah".

Offline rhyen

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 03:50:56 pm »
[quote user="LoStBoYz"]
Aiya they play because you play mah. You chick magnet, they have to get your interest mah.
Just out of curiosity, how many MARRIED couples other half actually share interest of boardgaming. I mean serious interest, not "bacause my othe half play so I play lah".
[/quote]

those that are child free?

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 04:32:44 pm »
All wives and girlfriends play Lost Cities.

Offline wolfx

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »
[quote user="Champion Eternal"][quote user="wolfx"]
are not just an accesory to a guy, bring them over to OTK and wolfx will set them right. Soon lostboyz will add to his list:

[/quote]

My goodness...such discrimination!!![nono] What about big, fat ugly girls with glasses? Aren't they welcome?[;)]
[/quote]

Those classified under chicks also mah!

Heard the song, "Big girls, you're beautiful" ? [;)]

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 04:36:13 pm »
[quote user="wolfx"][quote user="Champion Eternal"][quote user="wolfx"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Those classified under chicks also mah!

Heard the song, "Big girls, you're beautiful" ? [;)]

[/quote]

LOL! No, but I heard of the song, 'Big Girls Don't Cry'. They should be good game partners then.[;)]

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 07:36:01 pm »
sigh, and we wonder why there's an absence of female posters in this forum... [+o(]
Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)