Hello Guest

2006 Euro Gaming Retreat

• 57 Replies
2006 Euro Gaming Retreat
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 08:04:43 am »
LOL!! You obviously didn't see that I started my post with the word IF.

Its not HAB, very much depends on when we're doing this........

2006 Euro Gaming Retreat
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 09:02:21 am »
sat - sun
:) next week
19-20 or 25-26
don't drag it on for later...now is the time !

2006 Euro Gaming Retreat
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 02:40:03 pm »

Any weekends this months is not good for me so you guys can go ahead...sigh..

I agree with Lost although I think a mix might be a good idea. Set up two or three tables with heavier games and the spillover can be with shorter 2hour game variants. I am sure we will be getting a crowd with diverse taste, and not everyone will be all that in it for games that are more than 3 hours long.

Fuah, another free mention by Jeff :P this is turning out to be a good week for me...btw, what if I gatecrash the retreat? :D

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
2006 Euro Gaming Retreat
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 06:18:19 pm »

Just had a chat with Edw on this.

1. As for the date, he's still waiting for Avillion to come back to him on a confirmed weekend. As soon as he knows, I'll shout it here.

2. Discussed about the long-game option and we basically agree to mix 2-hr and now 4-hr games. Basically Day 1 will be about 2-hr games to get ppl's engine moving... then Day 2 will feature 4-hr games.

With the 4-hr slot, we can now consider Caylus, RRT, Dune, Powergrid certainly and a few more heavier games.

If the 18xx King (Chua) can tweak the game to shorten its duration to 4 hr, we might see it on the table too. Since between me and him, there'll be 2 sets of 1856, that might be a viable option.

will keep everyone updated on this event!

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

2006 Euro Gaming Retreat
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 09:02:04 am »

I'll join you guys depending on date of retreat. Some dates are out for next few months for me.

Also, can I suggest TI3. Chua & I have this. Rules & FAQ can be downloaded from FantasyFlight Games website. The forum there has tons of strategy and discussion threads. And BGG probably has some gem as well. This can be limited to 4 hours. Really la. Been running 4 hour Sunday afternoon sessions last year at Wolf's.

2006 Euro Gaming Retreat
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 03:26:04 am »

Sorry guys, I think I'll have to sit out this one after all.

None of my friends who are into board games are too keen on going either, due to various reasons, the cost among them. And after thinking about it, I have to agree, RM200++ does seem a bit high for the not-so-rich among us :)

Anyway, hope those of you who are going anyway get to have fun. Though if you need at least 20, I wonder if there's even enough to go :P

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
2006 Euro Gaming Retreat
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 04:44:27 am »
Ooo... Twilight Imperium 3, sounds lovely. Last two games I played stretched to 8 hours...

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
2006 Euro Gaming Retreat
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 06:53:59 pm »

ok since Edw is looking to be extremely busy this month being away from this Fri onwards, the Avillion trip does not look likely.

I want to see whether there's enough interest here to do a Genting one-niter trip instead. Rough plan:

• We leave for Genting Sat early morning; check-in to apartment 12 noon.

• Refresh, have quick lunch... then start gaming

• Break for dinner

• Back to gaming

• At nite, we do Werewolf (woooooooh)

• Sleep (but be warned prob a few hours sleep only and for those doing TI3 prob no sleep)

• Wake up early morning and continue gaming (those who can't? Cold water in Genting WILL always wake ppl up)

• Conclude around check-out time

• Lunch then relax a bit and then back home.

There'll be two groups; hardcore and euro-gamers. The above schedule is more for the hardcore. Basically by going on a Sat/Sun, I thot we are doing no different that a Sat Meetup at GC except we are extending it thru the nite and into Sun morning/afternoon.

Genting is a very short drive and those who dunwan to drive, can take a coach. 1.5 hr trip only. Plus nice weather.

And doing it on Sat/Sun means no one is require to take leave though for some, visa approval from Home Ministry may still be required. If you need assistance on this, pls contact our Home Minister En Ainul bin Tetangga.

Any takers?

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

2006 Euro Gaming Retreat
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 07:55:04 am »

Tip for getting extended visa from Home Ministry: capitalise on Mega Sale by spending at least one ENTIRE day and some $$$ on shopping trip at a very busy shopping mall with the Minister herself. The "ENTIRE day" portion is non-negotiable, the "some $$$" depends on your skills developed during Traders of Genoa etc sessions. See, that's why we play these euro/designer boardgames, to develop useful skills for life&death situations. [;)]

For those who have yet to develop the very important jedi skills of foresight, and missed the Mega Sale [yes, it's over, duh], other similar trips are required. May the force be with you.

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
2006 Euro Gaming Retreat
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 02:50:37 pm »
Sounds intriguing! Count me in. Is it still the same day? How much are we expecting for the room?