Hello Guest

Angkor Wat retreat?

• 85 Replies

Offline rhyen

Angkor Wat retreat?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2007, 09:34:23 am »
[quote user="LoStBoYz"]Oi, Kilkenny VERY expensive wor. If someone spills it they better lick it, boardgame or no boardgame.
[/quote]

at least the guy will die knowing that he has tasted Kilkenny in a way that most people have not tried yet.

Offline c mun

Angkor Wat retreat?
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2007, 10:00:40 am »
[quote user="rhyen"][quote user="wolfx"]

I'm all for kilkenny. =D Take away? Why not we buy the whole tap of it to bring to new BGC outlet. O Zoo Le Mio playing while drinking Kilkenny will even the odds for me. XD

[/quote]

I don't drink, just in case you people play the tiles wrongly.
you need someone sober to the the referee...
[/quote]

And to wipe up the spillage .....hehehe..[cheers]

Offline rhyen

Angkor Wat retreat?
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2007, 10:33:11 am »
[quote user="c mun"][quote user="rhyen"][quote user="wolfx"]

I'm all for kilkenny. =D Take away? Why not we buy the whole tap of it to bring to new BGC outlet. O Zoo Le Mio playing while drinking Kilkenny will even the odds for me. XD

[/quote]

I don't drink, just in case you people play the tiles wrongly.
you need someone sober to the the referee...
[/quote]

And to wipe up the spillage .....hehehe..[cheers]

[/quote]

yes, using their tongues and the bodies as rags

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
Angkor Wat retreat?
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 11:37:51 pm »

Bumping this thread. We are almost certain of doing this trip this Nov (ie 2008). Anyone interested pls put yr name here or PM me. Flights can be via MAS or Air Asia (I wud prefer MAS but I suppose both oso can get us there).

Will be getting some books from Amazon to brush up knowledge in order to appreciate the place better.

Hopefully can get the OOP Java and Mexica, then we can do all the three MASK trilogy games there hehe....

[fiesta]

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline rhyen

Angkor Wat retreat?
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 12:24:57 am »
Have a friend who recommended flying in to Bangkok, and then trekking/bussing over the border. Much more interesting places to visit along the way. Will try to get more details from him.

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
Angkor Wat retreat?
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 06:16:03 pm »

err... dun think that's what we are planning to do. The "interesting places" for this trip are all in Angkor Wat itself. Ya, we know Thailand has many interesting places but that's for another trip.

We intend to spend 6 days going to the various points in Angkor Wat so add in traveling time etc you are already looking at a 8-9 days break. So it's unlikely we are going to spend a few more days trekking/bussing... KL-PP then Angkor, back to PP-KL [:P]

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline c mun

Angkor Wat retreat?
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 05:53:48 pm »
[+:o)] Count me in .Nov is a good month but do standby your rain coats....[um][st]

Offline c mun

Angkor Wat retreat?
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 06:05:52 pm »

An absolute fascinating way to travel.However a week is not ample for you to 'trek' from Bangkok to Pnom Pemh! My last backpacking to Thailand was 9 days from Hadyai-Surat Thani-Samui-Surat Thani-Bangkok-Chiangmai.The train ride from Bangkok - Chiangmai  is 16 hours!Didnt even get to see ChiangRai. And I dont think everyone can go ,ehem, ' lonely planet ' style... 

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
Angkor Wat retreat?
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 09:18:02 pm »

[quote user="c mun"][+:o)] Count me in .Nov is a good month but do standby your rain coats....[um][st][/quote]

Rainy season ar? Dun think that's what we are planning for... which month no rain? Dun wan Tikal/Java to get wet. hehe

Offline c mun

Angkor Wat retreat?
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 10:22:38 pm »
[quote user="jack208"]

[quote user="c mun"][+:o)] Count me in .Nov is a good month but do standby your rain coats....[um][st][/quote]

Rainy season ar? Dun think that's what we are planning for... which month no rain? Dun wan Tikal/Java to get wet. hehe

[/quote]

These few months will be scorching hot, high humidity temp.of 36 C and above in the day with the occ. afternoon rain.Just found out : Monsoon is June to Oct.The Dry season is Nov to Feb.