Hello Guest

2007 Euro Games Retreat (ideas and proposals)

• 166 Replies

Offline rhyen

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2007, 02:36:08 am »
[quote user="macedwin"]last year we air freighted 40 cartons back to kl one day after essen... you can find all the titles of last year's haul under "spiel 06 games" at http://web.mac.com/imagine_newszine.

havng said that, we made a mistake last year as we concentrated too much on the large publishers (zoch, kosmos, amigospiele, etc) and not the small, independant publishers - many of whom have not had their game distributed outside of essen, or picked up by a publisher for re-printing.

this year, we will do the business pre-essen with the big publishers, and concentrate on the small ones during the 4 days - hopefully, this will enable us to get our hands on some stuff that will never be seen after essen!

we try most games before we buy, so we have at least a feel whether our gamers will like it or not. fortunately, my own preferences take a back seat here! this means that with some working knowledge of the game + 1 week plus to read the rules, we should be ready for awana!

of course, i will be requesting for volunteers to teach many games, so if you like to be the first to check out the new stuff, please volunteer![/quote]

okay, just make sure the rules are published in english.

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2007, 06:27:41 am »
mostly in german! but hey, i've seen you teach games in multiple languages, so i'm sure you'll have no problems with german ;-p

Offline rhyen

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2007, 05:37:52 pm »
[quote user="macedwin"]mostly in german! but hey, i've seen you teach games in multiple languages, so i'm sure you'll have no problems with german ;-p[/quote]

I did not pick up European language in university, was too busy doing Japanese and Korean (most of which I have lost in translation).

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 10:43:29 am »
HOT GAMES (update from MacEd)
------------------------------------
This year, we shipped out 58 boxes from Essen compared to 40 last year, and they are scheduled to arrive in KLIA this weekend. Watch out for the final announcement of the 2007 Euro Gaming Retreat, where you will get to play all the latest and hottest games from this year!
Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 11:35:02 am »
Just to clarify - the 'boxes' are not game boxes, they are packing boxes. Each box contains about 8-12 games or more, depending on sizes.[:)][8]

Offline rhyen

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 12:00:49 pm »
[quote user="jack208"]HOT GAMES (update from MacEd)
This year, we shipped out 58 boxes from Essen compared to 40 last year, and they are scheduled to arrive in KLIA this weekend. Watch out for the final announcement of the 2007 Euro Gaming Retreat, where you will get to play all the latest and hottest games from this year![/quote]

*Drools in a stupor*
Wake up, rhyen, wake up!
Sorry Sir, victim is incapacitated by announcement of too many games to play...

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 09:29:52 pm »
Anyone pre-ordered games from Essen 07?

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2007, 09:30:55 pm »
[quote user="rhyen"][quote user="jack208"]HOT GAMES (update from MacEd)
This year, we shipped out 58 boxes from Essen compared to 40 last year, and they are scheduled to arrive in KLIA this weekend. Watch out for the final announcement of the 2007 Euro Gaming Retreat, where you will get to play all the latest and hottest games from this year![/quote]

*Drools in a stupor*
Wake up, rhyen, wake up!
Sorry Sir, victim is incapacitated by announcement of too many games to play...
[/quote]

Wipe your saliva off yer face first.[yawn]

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2007, 08:04:57 am »
As usual, I had a massive list of Essen pre-orders, with the only conspicuous absence being AOS stuff (guess you have all the AOS stuff already from last year?)...

Here are some of the pre-orders fyi:

- Caylus Premium (at EUR65 a piece, you guys are cuckoo!).

- QMG Master Print Edition: set of 4 games (only EUR100 by contast) - Leonardo da Vinci, Yspahan, El Capitan and Demetra.

- Neuroshima Hex.

- Through the Ages (again).

- Galaxy Trucker.

- Bang! The Bullet!.

- Antler Island.

- Talisman.

- Army of Frogs.

- Mr Jack XP.

- Cash & Guns: Yakuzas.

- Auf Achse.

- Brass.

- Mordred.

- Beppe der Bock.

- Napolean's Truimph.

- Tichu.

- & tons of meeples in different colors for the opening of one of our retailers new cafe in KK!

Unfortunately, I could not fulfill one pre-order for AOS NY/Iraq as Winsome Games left for home due to unforseen circumstances after 12noon on the first day, so by the time I got to their booth, it was empty!

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2007, 10:07:44 am »
[quote user="macedwin"]As usual, I had a massive list of Essen pre-orders, with the only conspicuous absence being AOS stuff (guess you have all the AOS stuff already from last year?)...

Here are some of the pre-orders fyi:

- Caylus Premium (at EUR65 a piece, you guys are cuckoo!).

- QMG Master Print Edition: set of 4 games (only EUR100 by contast) - Leonardo da Vinci, Yspahan, El Capitan and Demetra.

- Neuroshima Hex.

- Through the Ages (again).

- Galaxy Trucker.

- Bang! The Bullet!.

- Antler Island.

- Talisman.

- Army of Frogs.

- Mr Jack XP.

- Cash & Guns: Yakuzas.

- Auf Achse.

- Brass.

- Mordred.

- Beppe der Bock.

- Napolean's Truimph.

- Tichu.

- & tons of meeples in different colors for the opening of one of our retailers new cafe in KK!

Unfortunately, I could not fulfill one pre-order for AOS NY/Iraq as Winsome Games left for home due to unforseen circumstances after 12noon on the first day, so by the time I got to their booth, it was empty![/quote]

Fantastic!!! Let us know when they clear customs and arrive...[yeahyeah]