Hello Guest

2007 Euro Games Retreat (ideas and proposals)

• 166 Replies

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 04:51:32 am »
Ah, so! Good idea to play only new Essen games. Will copies of the new Essen games be available for sale at the retreat as well?

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 04:53:04 am »
[quote user="wolfx"]

I'm so in for the eurogame retreat!

[/quote]

LOL! Just make sure it is held in an earthquake-free zone.[;)]

Offline wolfx

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2007, 06:23:41 am »
[quote user="Champion Eternal"]Ah, so! Good idea to play only new Essen games. Will copies of the new Essen games be available for sale at the retreat as well?
[/quote]

I highly doubt it unless those ppl who went to Essen were hauling back truckloads of stuff.

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 07:07:30 am »

[quote user="wolfx"][quote user="Champion Eternal"]Ah, so! Good idea to play only new Essen games. Will copies of the new Essen games be available for sale at the retreat as well?
[/quote]

I highly doubt it unless those ppl who went to Essen were hauling back truckloads of stuff.
[/quote]

Looking at the organiser's resume, I find it very easy to believe that he can pull it off.

Offline wolfx

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2007, 08:28:24 am »
[quote user="ayheng"]

[quote user="wolfx"][quote user="Champion Eternal"]Ah, so! Good idea to play only new Essen games. Will copies of the new Essen games be available for sale at the retreat as well?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Looking at the organiser's resume, I find it very easy to believe that he can pull it off.

[/quote]

That's good then. So we can get our LE Caylus ar? =D

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 09:02:48 am »
can tumpang games ah ?

wahhh i also want the limited edition

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 11:23:46 am »
[/quote]

[/quote]

My young Padawan, Macedwin will be bringing back lots of stuff from Essen, as he has done for the past few years.

Offline wolfx

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 12:07:30 pm »
Ahhh.....i am humbled by his greatness. Forgive my n00bness. All heil macedwin. [humping]

Offline rhyen

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 05:47:32 pm »
[quote user="ayheng"]Great!!! Good Luck to the rules reader for the 40 new games!!!
[/quote]

I nominate Heng (ardent rule reader) and CE (since you having eurogame burnout, I presume you would be benign to translate all those german rules, explain them to us and not play!!! *cackle*)

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 07:48:00 pm »
last year we air freighted 40 cartons back to kl one day after essen... you can find all the titles of last year's haul under "spiel 06 games" at http://web.mac.com/imagine_newszine.

havng said that, we made a mistake last year as we concentrated too much on the large publishers (zoch, kosmos, amigospiele, etc) and not the small, independant publishers - many of whom have not had their game distributed outside of essen, or picked up by a publisher for re-printing.

this year, we will do the business pre-essen with the big publishers, and concentrate on the small ones during the 4 days - hopefully, this will enable us to get our hands on some stuff that will never be seen after essen!

we try most games before we buy, so we have at least a feel whether our gamers will like it or not. fortunately, my own preferences take a back seat here! this means that with some working knowledge of the game + 1 week plus to read the rules, we should be ready for awana!

of course, i will be requesting for volunteers to teach many games, so if you like to be the first to check out the new stuff, please volunteer!