Settlers of Catan 2007 Malaysian Qualifiers

• 227 Replies

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2007, 07:17:27 pm »

[quote user="trionaleo"]I'll give a demo... best way to explain. any volunteers?[/quote]

Oh no.. your PM (private message) is gonna burst!! [:P]

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2007, 01:09:34 am »
[quote user="Champion Eternal"]

Er...It's something like football, .....but without the ball ......and you don't run anywhere...BAH! Just ask Triona, lah.
[/quote]

No ball(s) involved, sure? [whistle]

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2007, 03:12:03 am »
[quote user="shrapnel"][quote user="Champion Eternal"]

Er...It's something like football, .....but without the ball ......and you don't run anywhere...BAH! Just ask Triona, lah.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No football...

« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2007, 07:57:40 am »
[quote user="Champion Eternal"][quote user="shrapnel"][quote user="Champion Eternal"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No football...
[/quote]

But but but...

footsie + ball = ...

Offline rhyen

« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2007, 11:59:15 am »
Okay, now that we know the details about next year's predicament/situation.

Would like to ask everyone for ideas to submit in a proposal to edwin regarding next year's championship(s), of which they should be 3:

Malaysian qualifiers for the World Championship
Asia Pacific Championship
World Championship

Gentlemen and Finalists,
Throw your hats into the ring.

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2007, 01:50:13 pm »
Are u sure there's going to be

World Championship?

I thought there's only 1 or 2 places for Malaysian qualifiers.

Offline rhyen

« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2007, 01:56:14 pm »
[quote user="Champion Eternal"]Are u sure there's going to be

World Championship?

I thought there's only 1 or 2 places for Malaysian qualifiers.[/quote]

Those two are still in the works, but we can still plan ahead just in case those two events do materialize.
We do have two spots, just one has already been handed to Triona on a gold platter, courtesy of edwin.

« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2007, 02:31:41 pm »
since there is no official announcement yet from mayfair/kosmos, i can only tell you what the head honcho of mayfair told me... so its still unofficial (as i know there are lots of resentment from the european nations).

proposed:

1. settlers world tournament only held once in 2 years.

2. venue rotates between usa and essen.

3. 2008 planned for indiannapolis, usa; so next one at essen will be 2010.

4. entry fee per participant = usd1,000! includes accommodation and prize money (no amount announced yet).

5. i proposed an asian tournament during the in-between years (2009, 2011, etc).

6. i have got strong support from organizer of australian expo (phil), the japanese and taiwanese. i have also got no objections from mayfair so long as we don't call it "world".

7. in view of triona placed 4th, i have offered her an auto place in 2008 finals.

8. we still have to find sponsors though.

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #208 on: November 05, 2007, 03:33:55 am »

Haiyah, I think there's so much more work to be done regarding the new Asian Catan Championships.

What I'm interested now is in the Carcassonne championships next year at Essen. What are the official rules and such. I propose that we start honing our skills on this wonderful game (no? aanemesis) in order to prepare for next year. I think this game when played one-on-one is truly strategic and less luck based than settlers. But I think if chess timers are used then I'll definately not do so well.

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #209 on: November 05, 2007, 04:07:25 am »
[quote user="ayheng"]

Haiyah, I think there's so much more work to be done regarding the new Asian Catan Championships.

What I'm interested now is in the Carcassonne championships next year at Essen. What are the official rules and such. I propose that we start honing our skills on this wonderful game (no? aanemesis) in order to prepare for next year. I think this game when played one-on-one is truly strategic and less luck based than settlers. But I think if chess timers are used then I'll definately not do so well.

[/quote]

I oso requested the official Carc rules a few posts ago too. In order for us to prepare for this, we require the official rules and notification of the expansions early. Is there an English website where these are posted? If not then a German website will do for now. We can babelfish it.