Hello Guest

Re: What organize leagues/tournaments do you want to see?

• 134 Replies

Offline dave

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 10:17:26 am »
[quote user="jack208"] Are they doing FoW organized league/event? Or WarMachine stuff?

[quote user="dave"]My main worry has always been to get new faces into tournaments as a way of expanding the hobby. [/quote]

I absolutely agree 110% with you on this. I think aanemesis and CE would also agree. So you are in for the next 18xx game (at Mage) right? hehehe....

[/quote]

Norman organises most Warmachine events since he's the local press-ganger. Think Wolf has some FoW activities but not into FoW so not sure what's happening.

As for 18xx, I haven't even played one game yet.... I'm a noob when it comes to 18xx.

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 10:54:35 am »

[quote user="jack208"]I absolutely agree 110% with you on this. I think aanemesis and CE would also agree. So you are in for the next 18xx game (at Mage) right? hehehe....[/quote]

You know I'm in!

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 10:59:23 am »
[quote user="jack208"]

I absolutely agree 110% with you on this. I think aanemesis and CE would also agree. So you are in for the next 18xx game (at Mage) right? hehehe....

[/quote]

Agreed. Oh, BTW, for the past 3 Sats i have been bringing 1889 to Mage, but could not spot anyone familiar with the game to play with.

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 11:04:25 am »
[quote user="aanemesis"]

Yeah, I wish someone would organize Necromunda and/or Blood Bowl leagues. I've done both in the past, with newsletter for Necromunda, and a custom made scoreboard for Blood Bowl. Although both are technically boardgames, they are only for 2 players per game session. But works well with football league style of play, with "player" developments, better equipment etc as the league progresses. In this case, the humans are either "team leaders" or "coaches" whereas the miniatures [these games use minis] are "gang members" or "players".

For boardgames, I wish someone would organize these tourneys:
- TI 3
- Caylus 2p
- San Juan

Would be curious to see how an 18xx event would be organized.

[/quote]

Aa: since u are very experienced in organising BB and Nercomunda, why donch u put an announcement here and do it. Seriously - I wld very much like to play a Necromunda campaign again.

I agree w you : Caylus 2er.
Not sure about San Juan, though - its a broken game IMHO.

TI3 would be fun but chaotic. Any refs on how a TI3 tourney is orgamised?

So far no one has mentioned Arkham Horror. Shhhhh!!!

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 11:07:37 am »
[quote user="jack208"]

The ASL system lends itself nicely to a league type of competition. Now that we have the complete starter kit available for sale (ASL SK1 to SK3), and a few of us already own the full SK series not to mention one or two ASL tai-kors who own the main ASL set, there are more than enuff scenarios for us to do the league.

CE, we were suppose to start discussing about the league scoring etc? Mebbe start a thread in the ASL forum? [:)]

[/quote]

Will start a thread in the ASL forum, but first must do some research on how an ASLSK tourney is run.

Offline wolfx

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 11:34:40 am »

[quote user="Champion Eternal"]

TI3 would be fun but chaotic. Any refs on how a TI3 tourney is orgamised?

So far no one has mentioned Arkham Horror. Shhhhh!!!
[/quote]

12 races. 1 big galaxy. Winner takes all. 0.o

Much chaos ensues.

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 11:57:49 am »
[quote user="Champion Eternal"][quote user="jack208"]

[/quote]

Agreed. Oh, BTW, for the past 3 Sats i have been bringing 1889 to Mage, but could not spot anyone familiar with the game to play with.
[/quote]

Am free this weekend. Shall we do Titan and 1889?

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 11:58:02 am »

[quote user="Champion Eternal"]
I agree w you : Caylus 2er.
[/quote]

Oooh... if u wanna do this, better get like 200+ plays under BSW else aanemesis will cream you (or us too)... hehe.

btw I thot Games Circle do Blood Bowl league, no?

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 02:05:32 pm »
my view is that there are 2 types of tournaments...

1. where the stakes are high (eg. settlers and next year, carcassonne),

2. the fun ones, just to get people together in an organized manner and play against someone other than your regular playing partners (or whipping horses as the case may be!). i would put subbuteo, and gamecon-1's acquire and memoir in this category. i would even go so far as to say last year's euro game retreat would be in this friendly competition category.

i'm referring more to the second category, where its more organized play than "competition". mage is planning a big blokus competition, there will be the usual soc & carcassonne, we will have more subbuteo, and i can organize another memoir.

but beyond that, i would like to see the gaming places take more initiative. toybox did their bit with merdeka fiesta, lots of ccgs, and even confrontation!

gc does only gw and bloodbowl.

outpost just got started with halloween and has confirmed blokus.

wolf's does a fair bit of warmachine and lately fow.

so that leaves mage...

i am also commiting to fow and confrontation/at-43. but i would like to play in formula de and acquire!

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 04:59:24 pm »
[quote user="ayheng"][quote user="Champion Eternal"][quote user="jack208"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Am free this weekend. Shall we do Titan and 1889?

[/quote]

I am not free this weekend, ley.