Hello Guest

Re: What organize leagues/tournaments do you want to see?

• 134 Replies

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2007, 04:07:32 pm »
[quote user="LoStBoYz"]

Like that I also wan to go!! RM188 and get free Caylus LE!!!
Can go there get the game then cabut ah?

[/quote]

oooiii... FREE caylus? free CAYLUS? where? where? lostboyz, you know any jalan, share share lar [cheers]

Offline c mun

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2007, 01:48:41 am »
[

I see the vets divided into the following groups. The younger crowd who wants to go tend to have cashflow problems. These guys and gals can start putting aside RM10-30 per month from now on for the next retreat. The not so young who wants to go but have work and/or family commitments. Not everyone has one child of boardgaming age you can rope into the retreat y'know. [;)]  And there are some whose family like to visit or invite for lunch/high tea on weekends. Especially when there's a newborn around.

And while the moms or dads are gaming,an activity programme which includes gaming can keep the younger ones occupied.(age 6 and above)

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2007, 03:45:57 am »
have you seen our "maxi" (aka giant sized) chicken cha cha cha + villa paletti + bamboleo sets??? they'll make your kids eyeballs pop out for sure ;-)

btw, we actually have a mummy & daddy towing their 2 year old for this weekend's retreat :-) not sure what the little one is gonna play though?

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2007, 06:47:06 am »

[quote user="c mun"]Getting the group enthusiasts to organise tournaments/competitions/events is a splendid idea.In fact I've a vision of an event to ignite curiosity from FHM (fun & happening moms) like myself to boardgaming thus influencing their hubbies and kids to play as well!Never underestimate the influential power of Supermoms.And why the perception of ASH gals who usually boardgame are those merely tagging along their men?It's time for us to brew the unexpected turnaround.Attract the ASH dainties who WILL get their ASH blokes to tag along![;)][/quote]

c_mun, if you are looking to do something for FHM, have a word with waiyan. She may be interested to do something along this line especially if it involves young children. [:)]

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2007, 12:52:12 pm »
Well, we are always keen to organise stuff, I mean we do have weekly tournaments for our card gamers and they are playing only for 1 booster pack along with whatever special promo cards the developers give us.

Of course, we also run a league system where the winner gets something extra at the end of the month. Nothing major but it just gives that extra sense of satisfaction winning at the end of the month.

My only problem is messy database where I have non idea how to spread the word, so yeah :P let me clean up that aspect and we shall have more events!

What I do know from our experience in organising events is that it matters to a small extent what you give out at the end of the day but the overall experience and it has to be fun environment, not too stressful, no overly competitive people etc

« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2008, 03:16:35 pm »

I'd take part if there was a Caylus competition ;D

« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2008, 06:42:07 pm »
1st National Blokus Tournament coming up after CNY!

Check with Toybox.

Offline rhyen

« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2008, 05:18:21 pm »
[quote user="chrisyap"]

I'd take part if there was a Caylus competition ;D

[/quote]

multiplayer Caylus competition?

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2008, 08:56:39 pm »

Hi, I've stepped down as Organizer from the KL Boardgames Meetup. [:P]

I've been rather busy lately (the dark side is strong) and I do not see that abating soon so the priorities will remain slightly different for me this year. Those who are looking to promote and market their boardgaming should take up the KL Boardgames subscription and continue organizing from there.

As for this forum, I'll review this shortly and if there's no substantial boardgaming content (as opposed to marketing talk and spam), I may switch this forum off and convert this site into my boardgaming blog. [:)]

I'll still be doing the Fri OTK Meetups - especially since OTK is now running 24 hours which makes it easier for us since we no longer need to switch to BGCv2 after 1am.

I've met and gamed with so many interesting gamers since starting the KL Boardgames Meetup and this Boardgamecafe.net site. I'll certainly continue to boardgame..... and is awaiting the arrival of my English Agricola with animeeples [yah].

If all goes well with my schedule, I should be at GenCon Oz this July, and is hoping to do the Chattoonoga 18xx next Jan/Feb. However for local 18xx enthusiasts, I'm also planning an 18xx event towards the later part of this year (why later? coz we need to get more gamers into 18xx la!)

Which reminds me that I should check on DeepThoughtGames for our 18xx order... hmmm....

p/s The Dark Side is so strong it has converted me into a Sith Lord, who now practices his dark force Mon-Fri [darklord]

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2008, 05:34:32 am »

Think the main effect of this forum is to help achieve your Mission. Going nicely, I must say, now that there are more boardgaming enthusiasts out there. And more 18xx kaki's... [+:o)]

As for boardgaming content, don't be too disappointed if BGC does not rival boardgamegeek. Here it's not full of a$$h0L3-type geeks who gives you grief if you say you hate carcassone in a game review. We're more likely to see game reports, game calls, some light strategy/gameplay discussions, and your excellent FAQ's. These ARE interesting coz I'm part of this community physically. It's friendlier here, more laid back. I'm only a virtual member of bgg, and I only drop by occasionally. But I come here almost EVERYDAY. btw, pm sent.