Hello Guest

Gamecon-2 - What would you like to see?

• 40 Replies

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 08:48:11 am »

I'd like to see someone pull off having a booth babe dressed like in the 2nd pic, eh Jeff? Beats the KL Sentral crowd hands down.

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 08:57:36 am »
Eh, Edw. FYI, my office just opposite Zouk! You want some help with ahem auditioning the Gamecon Babes?
Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 10:23:21 am »

Hmmm, I rather have the girl in pic 1. The Pic 2 girl looks a bit weird...

Hey! Auditions! I am in! :P

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 07:01:33 am »

Hey, we can also take a leaf out of Mayfair's strategy and award newbies ribbons for playing various gateway games. At the collection of 5 or more ribbons, the newbies can be entered into a draw to win a gateway game! This will help to promote boardgames and give newbies an incentive to try out as many games as possible...

Better yet, invite Mayfair to conduct the Knights of Catan ribbon promotion in Gamecon itself!

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 07:15:49 pm »
Actually, to make Gamecon-2 a bigger success, Pan Global will need all the help from all the hobby stores around. Its time for the drawing board and with all the stores input, it will be big!

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 05:49:30 am »

[quote user="nicklwc"]Actually, to make Gamecon-2 a bigger success, Pan Global will need all the help from all the hobby stores around. Its time for the drawing board and with all the stores input, it will be big![/quote]

Hmmmmmmm *rubs chin*

LOL [;)]

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 06:16:53 am »

Yeah...ALL :P

Let me see how many there are:

1. Comics Corner

2. Games Circle

3. Settler's Cafe

4. Toybox

5. Wolf's Game Shop

6. Boardgamecafe

7. 3rd Dimension - time for some Northern flava :P

It will be great to get some help from that Ipoh gang as well...

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 01:33:34 pm »
Just food for thought....
- What is Pan Global getting out of this? Brand recognition is one....
- How much was the investment last year. How much did they recoup back?
- Are the above 'players' going to contribute $$$$ to help themselves? Or are they just jumping on the piggy back for a "partially" free ride?
- August is nearly ending now..... Gen-Con 2 is coming when? December? Thats like 3+ months to the event. Event this big don't need preparation one ah?

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 02:06:06 pm »

Pan Global for one...branding presence...it really depends if they want to come in as the organizer or the sponsor..

If its just as sponsor, then they will need an organizer, and what better organizers but the shops themselves?

As for the fees, it really depends, if PG is organising it, will the retailers be willing to pay? It all depends really...speaking on Toybox behalf, it will definitely be a matter of how much it is coz shops like us don't earn big bucks...

As for preparation, that is why I said it is time now to get to the drawing boards. I am willing to offer my time and my brain (not much left) to plan the event. Edwin, time to call me? hahahahha :P