Hello Guest

Aug31 2006: Toybox Teaches Board Games This Merdeka Day!

• 49 Replies

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 04:28:39 pm »
I know la.. but no harm adding your name to the queue mar. If you cannot make it, then only I remove. [:p]
Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2006, 05:19:48 pm »
Ah...so....!

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2006, 06:12:04 pm »
At least he got more faith in you turning up than me. :)

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006, 06:38:07 am »
LOL!!!

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2006, 07:36:55 am »

I'm likely going to be there around 11ish... but AOS only starting 230pm so there'll be time to do some other Euro Games.

Also planning to bring a few other Euro Games there. nicklwc, shout if you already have any of these, then I do not need to bring along

• Amun-Re

• Antike

• Wallenstein

• Traders of Genoa

• Powergrid - France/Italy maps

• Niagara

• China

• Memoir 44 - do you have another set there? I want to play Overlord. If not, Edw, do you have a demo set your end?

• Caylus, Powergrid (I think Marcus bringing this)

• Thurn n Taxis (you have this rite?)

• Acquire (Edw is bringing his)

Looks like we are not ending at 10pm ler... more likely 5am!!! hahaha... just joking. But anyway pst pst.. I know some big boss on leave Fri so he can game till 5am also.

Also nicklwc, you think it's good to have dinner at Loong Foong? If yes, can you help organize? I luv to try their roasted duck again. [:P]

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 10:26:53 am »

Hey guys,

I have Amun-Re, Thurn and Taxis, Memoir 44. The rest all tarak :P

Btw, due to some emergency, I would not be able to attend the event so the rest of the Toybox people will make you feel like home.

As for dinner at Loong Foong, dont know such close relationship with them, haha so u got to jalan there early to get the duck, before its all sold out :P

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2006, 10:52:41 am »

Alrite... looks like we are almost set to go. A few KL Meetup new members are coming.... plus the Terasek Gamers will be there too to play AOS/1856 etc.

And Edw has decided not to bring his Acquire. Instead he'll be doing Jungle Speed. No, not the board game but the one where you hang on ropes and swing from tree to tree shouting "oh oh oooohohohohoooooooo.... jungle......" [:P]

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 10:33:49 am »

Final roll for AOS, just nice for two tables of 6 players. A 6p game on the standard map (ie the one that comes with the game) is tough and one or two player won't make it .... kekeke...

1. Jeff Au

2. Nick Leong

3. Nicolas Booi

4. Chris Yap

5. Christopher (CLYX)

6. Ricky Lim

7. Daniel Tan

8. Henry Yeo

9. Heng AY

10. Irsal

11. Chua

12. Long TJ (LostBoyz)

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2006, 08:09:58 am »

Hey guys,

So how was it yesterday? Was it a blast? Heard from my partners that so many of you turned up they had to clear more tables for you guys :)

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2006, 10:34:36 pm »
Yep, we certainly heated and steamed up the place with gamers!