Hello Guest

GAMECON-2......... now its confirmed..........

• 14 Replies
« on: February 22, 2007, 12:10:28 pm »

When do we start applying for spaces to run games?

Don't think I'll be running Dark Age this time, but thinking about running a Savage Worlds game......... maybe a Zombie-Fest?

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 08:33:44 am »

I suspect SOON.. as June is not too far away [:P] btw thanks Shinobi for starting this thread.

GAMECON-2 details below
(from Organizer site)

Good news for all gaming enthusiasts this side of earth - GAMECON-2 is set for the June school holidays!

Unfortunately, we had to cancel the original venue (Securities Commission) as they increased their rental rates wef 2007.

However, we have teamed-up with an exciting brand communications & events organization, who have agreed to organize GAMECON-2 during the June school holidays at Plaza Damas, Sri Hartamas.

Stay tuned for more details!

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline dave

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 11:09:05 am »

Not sure what I want to do for Gamecon-2. Not many ideas at the moment and it's a bit early for another DBA tournament.

A Zombie-fest would be good fun... [:D] Let me know if you need any help.

Offline rhyen

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:15:32 am »
so when do we sign up for volunteer and demonstrators?

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 09:27:01 am »
Interested! Demo or Volunteer!count me in!

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 10:08:26 am »

Any updates on GAMECON-2??

Date, venue etc?

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 12:50:54 pm »

Last I heard it's in the June school holidays. It'll be over the weekend, probably starting Friday.

Gotta wait for the CNN guy to be back for confirmed news. Last I heard, the CNN guy went for some supposedly safe-n-touristic reconaissance into Nijmegen (Arnhem) but I think they are still stuck behind enemy lines... waiting for backups to parachute in ala ASL-style to extradite them.

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 04:47:16 am »

Bumpity-bumpity-bump

Bumpity-bumpity-bump

Whats the latest??

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 09:00:22 am »
[quote user="Shinobi"]

Bumpity-bumpity-bump

Bumpity-bumpity-bump

Whats the latest??

[/quote]

Only a month to go...................... any updates???

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 10:29:30 am »

Check out mac edwin's post in:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/163809

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 12:21:47 pm »

Thx for that link.

Well, if things get confirmed.......... again, I'd be willing to demo a game.

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 10:36:52 am »

Looks like the Bangsar MiniCon won't be happening this weekend........ waiting for later date.

In the meantime I will probably run a 'Savage' demo session at Mage Cafe in the near future.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 02:09:46 pm »
here's the official word...

bangsar date (ie. next week during the school break) was too soon for our event organizer to find sufficient sponsors, so its off...

once again, we continue to seek the funds necessary to pull off the next great GAMECON.

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 03:51:35 pm »

i think boardgames as a whole need to go mainstream. more exposure. then more sponsors will come.

still... i know you are doing the best you can. just give a shout if you need volunteers, etc.

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 08:41:47 am »

Good news about the newspaper elements...... sad about the MiniCon, but fingers crossed for the full GAMECON-2 later.

Regarding the newspapers.... if they are looking at a wider scope of the hobby, maybe get them to come to Mage Cafe next Saturday (9th June) for the Savage Worlds game I'm running. Will be a lot of fun and have loads of 'eye-candy' for piccies for the paper.