Hello Guest

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!

• 84 Replies
GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« on: June 19, 2007, 04:03:43 pm »
Yes, folks, the news you have all been waiting for... GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!

When - Friday (29 June 07) - Sunday (1 July 07). Next week!

Where - KL Convention Center; as part of Asia Game Zone 2007.

Time - 11am to 9pm (8pm on Sunday).

While I'm sure many gamers will be rejoicing with this announcement, here comes the tough part - in order to make this happen, we need 44 volunteers to man 18 games + 1 registration desk + 1 store, over 3 days.

Please volunteer your time to make this happen! As it is, we are fortunate that we do not have to find a sponsor for RM100K, and all we desperately need now are some arms & legs!

Here are the shifts:

Friday A: 11am - 4pm.

Friday B: 4pm - 9pm.

Saturday A: 11am - 4pm.

Saturday B: 4pm - 9pm.

Sunday A: 11am - 4pm.

Sunday B: 3pm - 8pm.

We will showcase the non-electronic gaming section of the convention:

A. Miniatures to PC games: Warhammer 40K. 2 tables; 1 volunteer per table. Warhammer 40K rookie tournament will run between open demo.

B. Euro to PC games: 1 volunter per game. Tournaments will run between open demos.

a. Settlers qualifiers.

b. Carcassonne qualifiers.

c. Blokus nationals.

d. Memoir'44 nationals.

C. PC sports counterpart: Subbuteo table soccer. 2 tables. 1 volunteer per table. Open demos only.

D. PC to euro games: 1 volunteer per game. Some games rotated. Open demos only.

a. World of Warcraft board + CCG.

b. Marvel Heroes + VS CCG.

c. Battlelore + Iliade.

d. Doom + Tide of Iron.

E. Party Games: 1 volunteer per game. Some games rotated. open demos only.

a. Villa Paletti + Hamsterrolle.

b. Jungle Speed + Halli Galli.

F. PC sci-fi/fantasy counterpart: 1 volunteer per game. Open demos only.

a. AT-43.

b. Confrontation.

c. Savage World.

d. Star Wars.

Please volunteer for more than 1 session/day if you can! We need all the help we can get.

NO MORE TALK FOR GAMECON... TIME HAS COME FOR ACTION!

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 05:02:05 pm »
Ok, I'll bite. I'm free for Saturday B, Sunday A and Sunday B. Games wise I only know Settlers, Carcassonne and Blokus. How can I help?

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 06:49:27 pm »
Thank you, thank you!

Don't worry, we'll ensure that all the volunteers are up to speed by then!

More able volunteers please!

Offline aycee

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 07:34:51 pm »
We should be free, save Friday. Prolly can do Sat but not sure Sun. Logistics? 'Cos parking there is not really gonna be an option. [:s]

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 03:21:16 am »
Would be good if you could let me know how many volunteers and which day/shift you could do?

Logistics? Think we just gonna park there - its the KL convention center so lots of parking at special rate... let me check how much.

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 03:49:31 am »
WoW!!! KLCC. Interesting venue. Not only I get see PC & Console gaming in action, I also get to see boardgames too, heaven.

FYI : Entry fees is RM5 per person (not too sure of volunteers)
Parking at KLConventionC for a full day is around RM30. You can park at KLCC walk through the tunnel for a little bit less. LRT there might be a much cheaper option.

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 07:27:05 am »
my young padawan, i sense the force is strong within you... why you not volunteering to help the rebels? do not go to the dark side, and be a visitor roaming the halls... we need you... may the force be with you, and help you to choose wisely...

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 07:37:46 am »
Edwin, sir. Umm... got 18XX corner ah? Just a small booth for demoing 18FL or any of the 18XX series. We've got more than 10+ 18XX sets combined... Got handmade ones, commercial ones, homemade ones, OOP ones ... etc... Can or not?

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 07:44:35 am »

[quote user="ayheng"]Ok, I'll bite. I'm free for Saturday B, Sunday A and Sunday B. Games wise I only know Settlers, Carcassonne and Blokus. How can I help?
[/quote]

Update: my gf is interested to volunteer as well. so count 2 person, but available for sunday A slot and/or sunday B slot only. saturday got a birthday to attend

Offline aycee

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 12:54:43 pm »

One dogsbody for Saturday B, party games-wise or registration summat.

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 06:20:36 pm »
More thanks! Keep it coming. I figure we need at least 40 volunteers throughout the 3 days. Registration is now taken care of courtesy of PGi staff (x2), so our gamers can do what they do best - play games!

Err, sorry no room for train games lah... want to attract pc gamers not scare them away, ha2.

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 05:49:11 am »

Savage Shinobi will be there... though I'll have to confirm with ya about Friday... need to re-arrange my schedule if possible.

Is the Convention Centre parking the same as the Shopping Mall?

Will tables and tablecovers be provided?

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 11:17:41 am »
Kool!

Tables, tablecloths and chairs will be provided.

We are waiting for the organizers to revert on parking and passes. The convention center parking is different from the shopping center.

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 11:51:11 am »
I've been as an exihibitor for trade shows in KLCC a few times and I ALWAYS have to pay parking fee. It would be great if we can have discounted parkings (kudos to the organizer) but I got a feeling you wont get any.

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 11:56:09 am »
Layout map can be found here : http://webz.com.my/agz/pdf/agz_floorplan.pdf

So, where will the boardgames be located at?

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 04:23:04 pm »
The floorplan given to me has been changed slightly, but essentially its the whole area between the female toilet and stage. Booth-wise, its all the rows 86-88 & 95-104 on the right.

So you voluntering or not?

Offline dave

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 05:07:46 pm »

Dates are a bit close but I should be able to volunteer for 1 or 2 days. Sunday is out for me. Rest of the days is contingent upon me not travelling.

I've also had Lostboyz experience in paying exorbitant charges for parking at KL Convention Centre. It's more than RM30 for a whole day, even for exhibitors.

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 08:32:06 pm »
[quote user="macedwin"]The floorplan given to me has been changed slightly, but essentially its the whole area between the female toilet and stage. Booth-wise, its all the rows 86-88 & 95-104 on the right.

So you voluntering or not?[/quote]

Dunno yet. Maybe Sunday, we'll see....