GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 08:34:29 pm »
err................ 8 more? [:)]

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 08:35:21 pm »
Can I say .... 7? [eyespopped]

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 08:36:31 pm »
ok ok I'll stop posting here. I'll troll another thread instead.... Hmmm.... OTK looks good... [6]

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 04:00:48 am »
Yay! More volunteers! Hmm, we have more than 100 registered gamers but so far less than 10 volunteers? How to run convention?

Hmm, I'm still waiting for an answer from the organizers on the parking... If it's that expensive, then maybe we have to pool cars lor...

Btw, each post here = volunter for 1 slot... muahahahaha! Looks like someone has "voluntered" for the whole show man!

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 11:56:03 am »

KLCC dun have standard fixed rate (like rm5) for exhibitor parking ar? Like that jialat la... Almost all convention center and event places (hotels) provide a fixed parking rate.

But in any case, LRT can get you easily into KLCC.

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 11:57:48 am »

[quote user="macedwin"]Btw, each post here = volunter for 1 slot... muahahahaha! Looks like someone has "voluntered" for the whole show man![/quote]

hahaha... suddenly I notice someone has stopped posting here! [rotfl]

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 12:48:05 pm »
If there is an 18XX or TI3 corner, I might volunteer...

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 07:41:47 pm »
if you are willing to find enough people to demo 18xx + TI3 from friday to sunday (or at least saturday-sunday), i will be happy to give you a place!

please confirm if you can do this. we need all the help we can get.

thanks!

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 06:04:27 am »
[quote user="friedricetheman"]If there is an 18XX or TI3 corner, I might volunteer...[/quote]

Dude, its a primarily a PC gaming convention. Boardgames is a side-attraction. The aim is to get the geeks to look the other way to the non-electronic side. You'll notice the selection of boardgames are either gateaway games,PC spin-offs or fantasy related games. TI3 might cut-it, but I think 18xx is way over the top.

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 10:29:06 pm »

But, 1830 was a computer game in the mid 80's....

hehe...

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2007, 11:56:47 am »
And I'm sure you all know that Railroad Tycoon is considered the king of all tycoon PC games?

So can you confirm your shifts? Will give you space for TI3 & 18xx.

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 06:32:56 am »

I was thinking, since the event also happen to slot in boardgames in its menu, we don't have to cater exclusively to the videogame crowd. sure we need to make sure the games are cross-over friendly like macedwin's initial proposal. In addition to the centrepiece of catan and carcassonne as boardgaming cross-over to the xbox, we can have also railroad tycoon, world of warcraft, warcraft boardgame, coming soon starcraft boardgame etc. as cross-over from videogames to boardgames.

ticket to ride can also make an appearance considering that you can subscribe to play it online.

Games with miniatures like descent, ti3 can make an appearance as a 'display item only' to hook in the videogamer crowd. (don't ever teach this game as it will take a long long time!)

gateway games with easy rules like ticket to ride, carcassonne should be the demo-heavy standbys.

last of all, ensure continuity by making sure the interested are aware of the various avenues to pursue this hobby: e.g. give contacts for retailers like imagine games, york house, comics corner; gaming spots like mages cafe, boardgamecafe, toybox, myscififancafe, etc.

This is an opportunity to get the word to a larger audience and make sure we get sponsors for a real Gamecon!!!

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 07:05:54 am »
The Savage Worlds adventure(s) I plan to run can be linked to videogames.... at least in theme.

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 07:51:53 am »
[quote user="ayheng"]

I was thinking, since the event also happen to slot in boardgames in its menu, we don't have to cater exclusively to the videogame crowd. sure we need to make sure the games are cross-over friendly like macedwin's initial proposal. In addition to the centrepiece of catan and carcassonne as boardgaming cross-over to the xbox, we can have also railroad tycoon, world of warcraft, warcraft boardgame, coming soon starcraft boardgame etc. as cross-over from videogames to boardgames.

ticket to ride can also make an appearance considering that you can subscribe to play it online.

Games with miniatures like descent, ti3 can make an appearance as a 'display item only' to hook in the videogamer crowd. (don't ever teach this game as it will take a long long time!)

gateway games with easy rules like ticket to ride, carcassonne should be the demo-heavy standbys.

last of all, ensure continuity by making sure the interested are aware of the various avenues to pursue this hobby: e.g. give contacts for retailers like imagine games, york house, comics corner; gaming spots like mages cafe, boardgamecafe, toybox, myscififancafe, etc.

This is an opportunity to get the word to a larger audience and make sure we get sponsors for a real Gamecon!!!

[/quote]

What about 18XX games?? It was based on a computer game in the 1980's.. (see 1830). I need a few victi...I mean, players for the 18XX game demo. Heng, you up for it ah?? Btw, when is the event and from what time is it?

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 08:18:24 am »

sorri, alreadi volunteered for macedwin's, unless he releases me.

and... 18XX is so visually unappealing to attract them newbies! i recommend you pimp some components from railroad tycoon...

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 09:50:36 am »
18XX very the boring apearance lah, not good convention game.... *snore*

GAMECON-1.5 IS ON!!!
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 10:57:53 am »
great ideas from heng...;)

yup, there will be demo games - carcassonne, settlers, blokus, memoir - will add ticket to ride. party games also on demo.

and there will be eye candy displays - descent, wow, marvel. will add ti3 as suggested by friedriceman.

nick/castor willing to demo the brand new toi.

best i can think off for 18xx? show eye candy from railroad tycoon and demo 18xx?? up to you mr rice...

lots of eye candy in miniatures dept - savage worlds, at-43, confrontation, star wars.

and of course, there will be soccer!