[quote user="macedwin"]Today at GAMECON-1.5 saw the kick off of this year's Settlers qualifiers... [/quote]
Congrats to the first 2 qualifiers - Rob and Henry. btw what happened to a certain Mr Long then? He went back to play his Catan on the Xbox? 
I was thinking about the Qualifier for last year's finalists and cudn't help feel that something is not right there. Here are my thoughts.
1. It's an inspired move to allow the Winner and Runner-up of last year's Qualifiers to go straight to this year's Finals.
2. However having the other 14 Finalists compete in one Qualifier of their own for 2 places doesn't seem so inspired. Here's the Why.
What are the others' perspectives on this?
Here's more feedback (and some rants) :-
1) Line barriers around the more valuable displays eg. Confrontation, AT-43, Warhammer 40k... earlier on saturday, there were a lot of school kids and there were not enough eyes to watch the other displays if you're busy demo-ing. Miniature games with nice terrain are good crowd pullers but need security otherwise things go missing.
2) I had difficulty explaining AT-43 and Confrontation in B.M as well....... don't Malaysians learn English in school anymore???
3) Palazzo Paletti was a brilliant crowd-puller. There were a whole bunch of people watching when I was going against Nick. Maybe someone to demo that full-time next Gamecon with Villa Paletti sets on sale nearby?
Page created in 0.328 seconds with 24 queries.