Hello Guest

Who's Going To Essen This Year???

• 36 Replies
« on: June 21, 2007, 07:20:33 pm »
Time has come to decide who will be representing Malaysia at the Catan International Finals in Essen this year!

Essen details

-----------------

1. Winner will win an all-expenses paid trip to Essen, Germany, from 19-22 October, with accommodation at Hotel Movenpick (one of the best hotels in Essen!) for 3 nights.

2. Winner will be given free entry to Spiel'07, the largest euro game convention in the world, for 4 days (18-21).

3. If winner wishes to attend all 4 days of Spiel'07, he/she will have to bear cost of 2 night's accommodation.

4. The tournament proper is on Saturday. Finals is on Sunday.

5. We will only be sponsoring 1 representative - the winner. The runner-up will be offered a place. but at their own expense, unless we/he/she finds a sponsor.

6. In the event that the winner is unable to make the trip, the runner-up will go in his/her place.

7. The basic obligations of the winner include:

a. Not embarass Malaysia, or Imagine Games, or Malaysian gamers.

b. Serve as assistant buyer and box mover for Imagine Games (last year we moved 40 boxes).

c. Not borrowing money from Imagine Games to buy all the goodies at Essen!

Qualifying details

-----------------------

1st Qualifier: 29 June - 1 July, Asia Game Zone, KL Convention Center (2 seats).

2nd Qualifier: 14 July 2007, Mage Cafe, Damansara Jaya (2 seats).

3rd Qualifier: 28 July 2007, Toybox, Petlaing Jaya (2 seats).

4th Qualifier: 11 August 2007, boardgamecafe, Cheras (2 seats).

5th Qualifier: 25 August 2007, MySciFiFan OUTPOST, Cineleisure Mall (2 seats).

Finals: 8 September 2007, To be announced.

**Last year's two representatives (Ryan & Kok Keong) receive straight entry into the National finals.

**Last year's other finalists will be invited to play in a seperate qualifier offering 4 seats.

**Proposed hosts please confirm the dates assigned to you.

Malaysian final details

-----------------------------

1. There will be 16 seats/4 tables in the finals.

2. Each player will play 4 games.

3. Player with the most wins will be the winner.

**This format is similar to the international finals.

Last year saw more than 80 unique participants, many of them newbies who picked up the game from a 6 week long Starbucks-Settlers promotion.

We are hoping for just as many, if not more, participants this year, so please spread the word!

And for all the gamers who did not participate last year... PLEASE, even though you may not like the game, do take part to show your support for the gaming community!

PLEASE do not be one of those geeks who proclaim their love, devotion and authority in euro games, but would not take a little effort to support the only, biggest and most prestigious euro game tournament in the country!

GOOD LUCK! See you in Essen!

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 07:36:06 pm »

Wow! Is it time for the SoC qualifiers already? For a free ticket, I'll buy and move whatever games/box you want!

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 07:42:39 pm »

[quote user="macedwin"] PLEASE, even though you may not like the game...[/quote]

Oit! You're not talking about me, right. I like this game, it has 2 dice wat.... which offers a friendlier 2 standard deviations of the mean....

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 04:05:47 am »
ha2, of course not talking about you!

talking about dice, you know i noticed that none of the finalists in essen brought their own dice ala 40k...

wah, since you so willing to move boxes, maybe i should just cancel the tournament and send you man...hehe

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 08:34:05 am »
He talking about me. [:(]
The last competition I did not join. So I'm deemed not supporting lor. [:(]

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 08:34:54 am »
He talking about me. [:(]
The last competition I did not join. So I'm deemed not supporting lor. [:(]
But then, I'm not a geek....... maybe not me....hmmmm....

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 08:38:45 am »
wey u, stop posting duplicate, multiple, messages just to bump up your status!

now that you mention it, WHY U NEVER TAKE PART LAST YEAR AH??? snob ah? elite ah? dun wan 2 lose ah? dun like throwing 2 dice ah? dun like sheep ah?

make sure u play play this year man!

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 10:14:33 am »
I am now JEDI KNIGHT Muahahahahah.
Sorry lah, the Admin set some very high targets on poster status that I just have to breach. Its like achievements points in xbox 360 games. "you gotta get em all" [:)]

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 11:40:10 am »

[quote user="LoStBoYz"]I am now JEDI KNIGHT Muahahahahah.
Sorry lah, the Admin set some very high targets on poster status that I just have to breach. Its like achievements points in xbox 360 games. "you gotta get em all" [:)]
[/quote]

So you must be very happy now, sir LoStBoYz?

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 11:47:07 am »

[quote user="macedwin"]wey u, stop posting duplicate, multiple, messages just to bump up your status![/quote]

Hmm.. I noticed that too. So does this mean half his points are dubious?

For those wanting to take a trip down memory lane... here's the event page for last year's Settlers of Catan Qualifiers, complete with full reports and photos.
http://boardgamecafe.net/community/content/SettlersofCatanMalaysiaQualifiers2006.aspx

btw Edw, is there only one winner (for Catan) or two (Catan and Carcassonne) going to Essen?

p/s Guys, remember what we played last year at-the-side? Some choo-choo game.... mebbe this year, we'll have choo-choo game again but of the 18xx kind??? hehehe.....

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)