Who's Going To Essen This Year???
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 09:11:35 am »
its a game called finish the sentence... keep trying :D

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 09:34:57 am »

... playing footsie with the germans???

anyways, you had a good reason, unlike some other people i know... ahem ahem...

we demand reports!! we demand photos!!!

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 10:05:16 am »

u can just see my blog post.. although i warn u it may have emotional content and i have neglected all sexual posts.

www.trionaleo.blogspot.com

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 01:40:07 pm »
oh my word! strong language content. appreciate the pics and the writeup. now need to erase strong emotional content from memory... ouch!

that edwin really heartless bugger, left you alone for few days. now his essen report also missing. what a cad.

[pain]

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 07:04:45 pm »

Triona's blog provided a pretty good report on the Catan 07 competition in Essen complete with some good pics! [clapclap]

However her report also highlighted one of the not-so-pretty aspect of the Catan Qualifiers here in KL... where gamers were literally "partnering" to win the qualifiers to the extent of delaying their victory.

A similar case actually happened in the Outpost qualifier as well, and the gamer affected actually came up to me and ask if it's legit to do so. Unfortunately the word of the rule book does not prohibit that.

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 04:58:26 am »
catan tournament = politics. its not the best player who wins. its the one who can convince others that he/she should be the winner. also easy to find excuse if you perform poorly!

carcassonne tournament = skill. its just like chess. but no excuse if you lose!

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 06:38:52 am »

Agreed that Catan like all multi-player games have "politics" but this is beyond politics. This is pre-ordained alliance.. some even under the counter! So the KGB is alive after all [:P]

Once you've such "alliances", the only way to prevent losing out is to form an alliance with the remaining player.. then the game becomes 2-vs-2. [duh] So we might as well start with Team Catan competition in the first place.

I accept game politics where the rest are trying to block the leaders etc but not this type of gang-up. It defeats the whole spirit of boardgaming.

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline c mun

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 06:10:37 am »

[quote user="ayheng"]oh my word! strong language content. appreciate the pics and the writeup. now need to erase strong emotional content from memory... ouch!

that edwin really heartless bugger, left you alone for few days. now his essen report also missing. what a cad.

[pain]
[/quote]

Change that to Cod...slimy Cod fish that is.

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 07:21:34 am »

owh no... now i need to go reread what i wrote in my blog :S

well teaming up is only natural in games i think its all politics in the city of catan.