Hello Guest

MERDEKA EVENT could not be announced as BGC site was down?

• 10 Replies
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:19:17 pm »
Unfortunately, I have not been able to access BGC site for the last 3 days!!! Was something wrong? I SMSed admin but no reply? Anyway, we had our MERDEKA special event today where gamers had the opportunity to trada their used games and buy 50 brand new games at 50% off MRP... Although we only had a small crowd turn up for free Lemon cakes, coffee/tea and games, the quality on offer was awesome! Among the games for trade were Tide of Iron, Battlelore, Ur, Domaine and even some old classics like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc! 33% of the titles on offer were snapped up for a one-time-only offer, including Byzantium, Wings of War, Tiimbuktu, etc. Although I couldn't post here as the site was down, I know some gamers here did receive news of the event via email & SMS. Thanks to those who did come for cakes & coffee/tea, and may you enjoy your new games!

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 09:08:03 pm »
You sure ah? The last 3 days, there were 2 Jedi Knights in the making. So go figure the amount of posts that were generated prior to the monumental event. Maybe its the Knights using their new found powers and not knowing how to use them properly that caused your inability to post stuff in BGC?

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 09:37:16 pm »
sure lah. this is my 3rd attempt to post a reply in the last 20 minutes!

after clicking "post", i get "server not responding" error message.

last 3 days:

- 80% of sites no problem.

- 15% very, very slow.

- 5% like bgc - hang after few minutes with error message.

any help appreciated!

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 06:26:23 am »
There has been some problems with Streamyx the last few days, but mostly during the graveyard shift. I believe they were doing some upgrading/maintenence. I noticed time of your post is at 1:37am, which about the same time when my Streamy connection goes wonky and cannot access any sites.
If you're experiencing slowdowns or trouble accessing sites even during the day, then it might be a different problem altogether.

Since you're using a Mac, then I should rule out viruses and trojans. The other suspect could be a localized Streamyx problem. Check with your neighbour if they share your problems or call Streamyx help center (horrors!!).

Hope it helps.

Did you change and internet settings recently, like the DNS ips?

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 06:00:49 am »

[quote user="LoStBoYz"]You sure ah? The last 3 days, there were 2 Jedi Knights in the making. So go figure the amount of posts that were generated prior to the monumental event. Maybe its the Knights using their new found powers and not knowing how to use them properly that caused your inability to post stuff in BGC?
[/quote]

What?! By Yoda's wrinkled whiskers! 2 new super-spammers!?? There goes the quality of the posts in this site. [rotfl]

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 07:20:52 pm »
Awww man i have miss such a event trading and discounts for boardgames are too hard to resist, not knowing about it hurts even more... how come no one told me [:(]

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 07:40:08 pm »

[quote user="nicdkid"]Awww man i have miss such a event trading and discounts for boardgames are too hard to resist, not knowing about it hurts even more... how come no one told me [:(]
[/quote]

Hey!!.. no one told me about it either... [:(]

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 07:50:57 pm »

sorry, like i said, this site was down for 2-3 days before and including 31 august, so i could not get in, let along post anything. *** Pls refer here for posting of future events.

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 04:37:05 am »
jedi council has told me that i have spammed by advising you to email me or check my website so that you do not miss future events.

ok, please DO NOT email me, and please DO NOT check my website.

i shall not be posting anymore of our events here for gamers, less i be accused of spamming.

if you miss out on them because your jedu council has not posted, TOO BAD!

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 11:42:11 am »
err... i think the correct procedure is for macedwin to PM nicdkid and send him the link that way. or nicdkid to PM macedwin and send him your email addy. or for jedi council to setup a forum to specifically answer the FAQ of where to find games.