Hello Guest

Caylus Premium Ed - How high can you fly?

• 152 Replies

Offline rhyen

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 05:52:51 pm »
[quote user="Champion Eternal"]Lets see who can tahan longest not opening their Premium Sets.
[/quote]

my money is on heng, rm20.

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 10:44:58 pm »

[quote user="rhyen"][quote user="Champion Eternal"]Lets see who can tahan longest not opening their Premium Sets.
[/quote]

my money is on heng, rm20.
[/quote]

mebbe CE talking about himself la.

Heng: If u dun open the boxset, how to show ppl the artistic gameboard, tiles etc? And more importantly the cling cling sound of the coins?

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 04:55:09 am »
[quote user="jack208"]

mebbe CE talking about himself la.

Heng: If u dun open the boxset, how to show ppl the artistic gameboard, tiles etc? And more importantly the cling cling sound of the coins?

[/quote]

I didn't order a premium set, lah. If I did, I will be opening it, but I didn't.[:P]

Guys, boardgames, whether premium or not, are meant to be played. BGs are not much use sitting on the shelf in shrinkwrap. After a while, it will get moudy inside due to lack of sunlight [hotsun] and then, whatever art inside will deteriorate. I have seen mouldy gameboard and gameboxes before. You know, those white fungus stuff...and the black ones, you DON'T want the black fugus on your board.

Hence you will not be able to appreciate the joy of looking at a truly beautiful board in all its mint glory if you don't open the game. You will get better return for your investment in terms of playing and appreciation if you open your boardgames and play, so rip that shrinkwrap open when u get the game and have a party around the gameboard. Have a Caylus Premium Edition Shrinkwrap-Ripping Party with pole dancers in lion suits. [+:o)][fiesta]

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 06:08:45 am »
[quote user="Champion Eternal"]

Hence you will not be able to appreciate the joy of looking at a truly beautiful board in all its mint glory if you don't open the game.

[/quote]

Ah, this is not true...
You can always buy two premium sets. Open the other!!
Genius idea, no?[:D]

[thumbsup][cheers][scarf]

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 12:34:24 pm »
[quote user="shrapnel"][quote user="Champion Eternal"]

Hence you will not be able to appreciate the joy of looking at a truly beautiful board in all its mint glory if you don't open the game.

[/quote]

Ah, this is not true...
You can always buy two premium sets. Open the other!!
Genius idea, no?[:D]

[thumbsup][cheers][scarf]

[/quote]

yeah! [ohyeah] (win the game win the game win the game, better win the game)

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 02:48:38 pm »
I agree with CE, ayheng. You should open your Caylus Premium before the black fungus got to it. hehehe
Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 05:20:52 pm »
oh man, you guys scare me, guess i better open the shrinkwrap, throw some mothballs in and immediately re-shrinkwrap the box then...

Offline wolfx

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 07:35:21 pm »

[quote user="ayheng"]oh man, you guys scare me, guess i better open the shrinkwrap, throw some mothballs in and immediately re-shrinkwrap the box then...
[/quote]

Then the mothballs themselves grow fungus. They keep out moths but not the fungus? XD

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 05:07:34 am »
[quote user="wolfx"]

[quote user="ayheng"]oh man, you guys scare me, guess i better open the shrinkwrap, throw some mothballs in and immediately re-shrinkwrap the box then...
[/quote]

Then the mothballs themselves grow fungus. They keep out moths but not the fungus? XD

[/quote]

I saw on TV - fungus-farming is a very lucrative business. The returns? Can buy many more shrinkwrap premium games. Here's a google guide for you in case interested.

If you really wanna, you need to disinfect the contents (ultra-violet, etc),
vacuum shrinkwrap then store, prefer cold-storage. IF this advicio el no good, well... open and play!

Offline wolfx

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 10:12:08 am »
[quote user="shrapnel"][quote user="wolfx"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I saw on TV - fungus-farming is a very lucrative business. The returns? Can buy many more shrinkwrap premium games. Here's a google guide for you in case interested.

If you really wanna, you need to disinfect the contents (ultra-violet, etc),
vacuum shrinkwrap then store, prefer cold-storage. IF this advicio el no good, well... open and play!
[/quote]

Well you know what they say. "You gotta be a fun guy to avoid the fungi".

So open your Caylus Premiums, Jeff and ayheng. You both know you're fun. [;)]