Hello Guest

Ranking

• 11 Replies

Offline c mun

Ranking
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:03:32 pm »
[;)]Brilliant work!The Ranking system spurs the desire to achieve the ultimate hierachy.

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
Ranking
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:57:50 am »
[quote user="c mun"][;)]Brilliant work!The Ranking system spurs the desire to achieve the ultimate hierachy.[/quote]

At the expense of quality posts.

Online jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
Ranking
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 08:03:20 am »

I only partially agree with the quality posts statement. Having the ranking system may encourage some to spam (result: the inane posts) but not having the ranking system won't turn these inane posters into quality posters. They'll simply not post.

At the end of the day, whether we get quality posts depend on the posters themselves. They'll post with or without the ranking system. There are some quality posters here actually.... and a few who's posting good session reports. [thumbsup]

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Ranking
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 08:50:33 am »
[quote user="jack208"]

I only partially agree with the quality posts statement. Having the ranking system may encourage some to spam (result: the inane posts) but not having the ranking system won't turn these inane posters into quality posters. They'll simply not post.[/quote]

I'm with Chua on this....... what difference is there between a spammer post and no post. Basically the same content (nothing of worth), but the spam post gets in the way, we at least skim through the post, and then shake our heads tutting and making comments about it, then these sods attain ranks and get superiority complexes.

Spammers really get on my tits, and to be honest they get in the way on all forums. You can spot them a mile off as well, as soon as they join forums they're off, replying to every post in sight whether they have opinions or answers, they don't care.............. one word answers, sometimes even a sentence just to repeat what someone has already said, quoting things that don't need to be quoted, taking threads off -topic for no reason whatsoever......... grrrrrr [:@] I Dun Like Spammers

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam

Ranking
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 12:19:42 pm »

While there are spammers in all online forums [as opposed to the Roman forums "in which commerce and the administration of justice took place" wikipedia], don't forget that in a lot of cases it is a place for a particular community of like-minded individuals to communicate. In this case a group of people who meet up regularly exchange banters and innuendos, which seem like useless spam and take threads off tangent, but it's all in good fun in the run up to the next meet up.

Don't forget the hobby which is at the core of this forum is about fun. And we see that spilling into the forum in the way it is run, where our jedi councillor has good naturedly included some specific smileys to address, and for use of, the forum regulars.

And if the above waffling does not make sense, please note the webstore button above for the commerce aspect of the forum. Buy, play, have fun lah! May the force be with you.

Online jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
Ranking
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 07:13:44 pm »
 Hmm... when he's not spending time in BSW, he can write some useful stuff. Wow! ]

There are of course the real "spam". Post which does not even add to the bantering but merely rehashing some other posts just to make a reply.

Anyway, we post becoz we enjoy posting. Let's keep that spirit, and not throw away the baby with the water. As aanemesis said, this forum is for us to have fun - so LET'S HAVE FUN POSTING!

[fiesta]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:41:19 pm by csbgcadm »
Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline wolfx

Ranking
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 08:27:00 pm »

I don't really care about the ranking system. That said I don't spam. Even if i wanted to , not on this board. The board loads too slow for me. >_<

You have to load all the emoticons even if you're not gonna use them when you press "reply".

Offline c mun

Ranking
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 09:40:35 pm »

[quote user="Champion Eternal"][quote user="c mun"][;)]Brilliant work!The Ranking system spurs the desire to achieve the ultimate hierachy.[/quote]

At the expense of quality posts.
[/quote]

That depends on how you define 'quality posts'.[:^)]

Offline c mun

Ranking
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 12:25:18 pm »
[quote user="jack208"]

Hmm... when he's not spending time in BSW, he can write some useful stuff. Wow! [bowgod]

aanemesis has hit the nail on the head here. Some one-liners and ribbing are just that; for a group of buddies to "keep in touch" with each other when they dun see face-2-face until the next meetup. Like the OTK thread which is full of tit-n-tats and I suspect a lot of OTK regulars actually look forward to see who's the next one to post some funny remarks on that thread. Well, at least I do. [:)]

There are of course the real "spam". Post which does not even add to the bantering but merely rehashing some other posts just to make a reply.

Anyway, we post becoz we enjoy posting. Let's keep that spirit, and not throw away the baby with the water. As aanemesis said, this forum is for us to have fun - so LET'S HAVE FUN POSTING!

[fiesta]

[/quote]

Presence of fury +frustrations=corrupted server

Posting in multiple forums doesnt make one a spammer ,just opionated and eager to learn.This is after all a forum for discussions and comments.If the organisers only welcome boardgamers theologians who post ala Professor Higgins ,they will have lock many forums and 'tutup kedai'.Peace.

Offline rhyen

Ranking
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 07:09:57 pm »
[quote user="Shinobi"]

I Dun Like Spammers

[/quote]

In the full spirit of the Monty Python sketch: "SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!" (ad infitintum)

Point taken, will try to increase quantity of substantive arguments in all future posting but this will take some time to work into my own style since I go like to have the last say in almost everything (except the Wargame forum) but it never ever happens since people will just drop one behind my back begging a response from me ASAP. Tit for tat.

Offline c mun

Ranking
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 03:41:03 am »
[quote user="c mun"][quote user="jack208"]

Hmm... when he's not spending time in BSW, he can write some useful stuff. Wow! [bowgod]

aanemesis has hit the nail on the head here. Some one-liners and ribbing are just that; for a group of buddies to "keep in touch" with each other when they dun see face-2-face until the next meetup. Like the OTK thread which is full of tit-n-tats and I suspect a lot of OTK regulars actually look forward to see who's the next one to post some funny remarks on that thread. Well, at least I do. [:)]

[fiesta]

[/quote]

Presence of fury +frustrations=corrupted server

Posting in multiple forums doesnt make one a spammer ,just opionated and eager to learn.This is after all a forum for discussions and comments.If the organisers only welcome boardgamers theologians who post ala Professor Higgins ,they will have to lock many forums and 'tutup kedai'.Peace.

[/quote]

Ranking
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 05:49:02 am »
[quote user="rhyen"][quote user="Shinobi"]

I Dun Like Spammers

[/quote]

In the full spirit of the Monty Python sketch: "SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!" (ad infitintum)[/quote]

Yep thats what my end-note was aimed at..... gotta luv da Python!!!

Point taken, will try to increase quantity of substantive arguments in all future posting but this will take some time to work into my own style since I go like to have the last say in almost everything (except the Wargame forum) but it never ever happens since people will just drop one behind my back begging a response from me ASAP. Tit for tat.

Actually I wasn't considering your good self when dealing with this issue. There are others............. [omigod] .......... guilty others.......... *shhhhhhh* the hunt continues