International Gamers Awards (IGA) Winners for 2007

• 11 Replies

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:46:54 pm »

The www.internationalgamersawards.net">International Gamers Awards committee is extremely proud to announce the recipients for the 2007 IGA in the General Strategy category:

In the Multi-Player category, the award goes to Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization, the creation of Czech designer Vladimir Chvatil and published by Czech Board Games. The initial print run completely sold out, and a second edition is being produced by FRED Distributors. The game presents an exciting story of civilization played through four periods of time, from antiquity to the present. Each game is unique thanks to the many historical leaders, wonders, governments, buildings and military cards available throughout the game. Inspired by the popular Civilization computer game, Through the Ages can be lengthy, but is highly challenging and satisfying. The game has earned the IGA in the General Strategy, Multi-Player category, and it marks the first time the award has been given to a game from the Czech Republic.

In the 2-Player category, the award goes to Mr. Jack, a clever game that takes two players back to the shadowy streets of 19th century London. Eight figures lurk through the increasingly darkening London streets, yet the murderous Jack the Ripper has not yet been caught. Will one player, playing the ripper, remain undiscovered or escape from the city before the other player correctly accuses him? Each player uses the quirky characteristics of eight available personas to either try to isolate the Ripper or throw the other off the track. Designed by French designers Bruno Cathala and Ludovic Maublanc, and released by Hurrican Games and Asmodee Editions, Mr. Jack challenges the deductive and evasive skills of the players in a clever, yet quick game of chase.

The International Gamers Awards were founded in 1999 for the express purpose of recognizing outstanding games, their designers, and the companies which publish them. The awards have gained widespread acclaim and have helped bring these outstanding games to the public’s attention.

The individuals who serve on our General Strategy and Historical Simulation committees are extremely qualified, knowledgeable and respected within the gaming hobby. Each and everyone have extensive experience in the playing, reviewing and critiquing of games.

You can learn more about the International Gamers Awards by visiting our website at:
www.internationalgamersawards.net

For more information, contact the International Gamers Awards, c/o Greg J. Schloesser
Phone: 504-347-6097, greg@gschloesser.net

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline dave

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 06:06:33 pm »
Both games look quite good but I'm definitely leaning towards Mr.Jack. Could always do with more 8 player fast paced games.

Offline rhyen

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 07:14:34 pm »
[quote user="dave"]Both games look quite good but I'm definitely leaning towards Mr.Jack. Could always do with more 8 player fast paced games.[/quote]

Is it available in Malaysia yet?
looking forward to play-testing it.

*still trawling the BGG info on it*

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:20:24 pm »

Oh yes MrJack we have. I've not yet try this game too....

But not "Through the Ages" yet but since it's going to come from FRED, we will be able to get stock.

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 03:56:03 am »
Mr Jack is in Malaysia.
Through The Ages - there is only one copy in Malaysia. Heh, heh.[:)]

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 03:57:06 am »
[quote user="dave"]Both games look quite good but I'm definitely leaning towards Mr.Jack. Could always do with more 8 player fast paced games.[/quote]

Mr Jack is a 2-player game.

Offline dave

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 05:21:48 am »

[quote user="Champion Eternal"][quote user="dave"]Both games look quite good but I'm definitely leaning towards Mr.Jack. Could always do with more 8 player fast paced games.[/quote]

Mr Jack is a 2-player game.
[/quote]

Darnit, I mis-read the description... not so interested in it now...

Would rather play Twilight Struggle or Shifting Sands for 2 player.. [:(]

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 06:55:27 pm »
[quote user="Champion Eternal"]Mr Jack is in Malaysia.
[/quote]

so is your interest piqued enough to read the rules yet? [:P]

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 07:31:10 pm »
thank god for fred there will be more than 1 copy of through the ages in malaysia yippee!

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 07:27:21 am »
[quote user="ayheng"][quote user="Champion Eternal"]Mr Jack is in Malaysia.
[/quote]

so is your interest piqued enough to read the rules yet? [:P]
[/quote]

Funnily enough-no.[:^)]

I am still in wargames mode. Have added lots of wargames to my collection recently and  planning  for more.

Maybe I'll wait for the hype to get here first ...