Hello Guest

Forum Ranking or How to be a Jedi Legend

• 71 Replies

Offline csbgcadm

• The Chosen One
    • Mingle in our Boardgamecafe community
« on: November 10, 2005, 09:42:34 am »
Each user in this community will be given a forum ranking where users are given special title based on the number of posts you made to this forum. The rankings are as follow:

• Newbie 0-29
  • Youngling 30-149
  • Padawan 150-499
  • Jedi Knight 500-1499
  • Jedi Master 1500-4999
  • Jedi Legend 5000+
  • The Chosen One (sys admin)

Youngling

An unofficial title, this refers to a child with Force potential. More accurately, Youngling is Galactic Basic slang for children of any sort. At a very young age, the Jedi initiates leave their homes and are assigned to a group for training. If a youngling is not chosen by any Jedi Knight to be their Padawan by 13 years of age, the youngling is placed into another, lesser role in the Jedi Service Corps. Depending on where the student's talents lie, this may be the Agricultural Corps, the Medical Corps, or the Exploration Corps.

Padawan

An apprentice who undergoes intensive one-on-one training under a Jedi Master after graduating from the academy. As tradition a human padawan grows a long strand of braded hair that is finally cut off during the ceremony of knighthood, when a padawan becomes a Jedi knight. A Jedi may have only one apprentice at a time, and is required to promote the current apprentice before taking another. Master Yoda was seen training several younglings in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, but they were receiving generic Jedi teachings from him rather than being trained as Padawans. The word "padawan" is likely a corruption of "padwar", a low-ranking officer in Burroughs' Barsoom science fiction books. Some Jedi Masters have taken more than one Padawan at a time.

Jedi Knight

Disciplined, experienced Padawans may become full-fledged Jedi once they have completed "the trials", which are usually intensified tests, physical and otherwise, of candidates' skills, knowledge and dedication. Occasionally, performing an extraordinary (usually heroic) act can earn a Padawan learner Jedi Knight status, such as when Obi-Wan Kenobi, toward the end of his training, defeated Sith lord Darth Maul during the Battle of Naboo. Jedi Knight is the most common rank of Jedi, hence, the title is also used, mostly by non-Jedi, to refer to any member of the order that has at least met the compulsory requirements of the Jedi Council.

Jedi Master

If the council sees that a Jedi knight is more powerful and has more knowledge in the force, then they can be nominated by one or more council members and they will take the trials again but they will be much harder. A Jedi Knight may also become a Master after successfully training a Padawan learner to Knight status (although this is not always the case).

Jedi Council Member

When a Jedi from the Jedi Council leaves and there is an open space, the council looks for an exceptional Jedi Master to fill it in. Presiding Council members elect prospective candidates when openings become available. The rank can also be achieved through the performance of extraordinary deeds or self-proclamation, though the latter is extremely rare. In some texts the Council has a few Knights in its membership "to give a different perspective"; however most references were removed in preparation for Episode Three: Revenge of the Sith, as Anakin's position on the council but lack of promotion to Master was a point of contention.

[size="1"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padawan

[size="2"]Please see also [/size][size="2"]Member Group[/size]
[size="2"]Member Group[/size][/size][size="2"] topic.[/size]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:07:35 pm by jack208 »

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 06:01:14 pm »
any way to see how many entries we have posted?

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 06:12:07 pm »
Hi Yee Seng, you can click on your username in any post/thread which shall open up the Member Profile info page... scroll to the bottom and you shall see the number of posts. In your case - as at now - you have 4 so 26 more to go before you become the 1st Youngling here... :D
Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 03:07:14 pm »
woa, 5000 posts..

lol

if this site were to be alive in a year or two years time, i guess someone would reach 5000 posts...

are u thinking of expanding the site into a news site?

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 04:26:40 pm »

what do you mean by

Youngling 30-149 (120 posts)

is the next level at 150 or after 120 ?

or does the (120) in parenthesis mean if you're at 120, u'll fall under the Youngling category?

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 04:38:02 pm »
[quote user="KANDANG"]

what do you mean by

Youngling 30-149 (120 posts)

is the next level at 150 or after 120 ?

or does the (120) in parenthesis mean if you're at 120, u'll fall under the Youngling category?

[/quote]

Ooops.. sorry if this is confusing you. Next level should be at 150. The "120" means you need 120 posts more after you've reached your 1st level ie. 30.

I'll edit the 1st post to remove this confusion. [:p]

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 05:25:44 pm »
Wow now i know how to be a Jedi Legend haha. 5000 post!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 06:07:43 am »

I dont like star wars...

I never did.

But i admire Mr.Lucas alot

Oh wait... Natalie Portman.... hmm.... [sleepy]

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 08:27:25 am »
[quote user="nicdkid"]Wow now i know how to be a Jedi Legend haha. 5000 post!!!
[/quote]

Yes- even The Force cannot give that free.[darthmaul]

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 05:14:50 pm »
not even if that person is the 'chosen one' ? haha

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 10:15:59 pm »

It's not easy to become a Legend. Otherwise why would he be considered a legend?? A Jedi Knight or even Jedi Master is not that difficult to achieve but to be a Legend needs extraordinary skills.

The Council has already decided to reward the first two Jedi Knights with a BGC t-shirt (with the rank Jedi Knight printed on the front-left) and there'll be another reward for the 1st Jedi Master. [:D]

May the Force be with you.

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 07:06:37 am »
You encouraging spam posts is it?

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 08:06:33 am »
You think?
Didn't you see the rise in Padawan's posts?
I guess once all the padawan reaches Knighthood, they will calm down again, since the next target is 1.5k.

Offline rhyen

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 09:12:27 am »
[quote user="LoStBoYz"]You think?
I guess once all the padawan reaches Knighthood, they will calm down again, since the next target is 1.5k.
[/quote]

somehow I doubt it....
okay, any takers on a forum pool on who will be the first Jedi Master?

I will choose Hengy for RM10

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 02:17:46 pm »

[quote user="rhyen"][quote user="LoStBoYz"]You think?
[/quote]

somehow I doubt it....
okay, any takers on a forum pool on who will be the first Jedi Master?

I will choose Hengy for RM10
[/quote]

dude, seen my post lately? I put my money on Lostboyz

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 02:20:32 pm »
[quote user="jack208"]

It's not easy to become a Legend. Otherwise why would he be considered a legend?? A Jedi Knight or even Jedi Master is not that difficult to achieve but to be a Legend needs extraordinary skills.

The Council has already decided to reward the first two Jedi Knights with a BGC t-shirt (with the rank Jedi Knight printed on the front-left) and there'll be another reward for the 1st Jedi Master. [:D]

[/quote]

OOOoooOOOooo Freebies!!!! [ohyeah]

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 02:38:28 pm »
What do Padawans get? Diapers with "Padawan" in the centre?[censored]

Offline rhyen

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 02:41:49 pm »
[quote user="ayheng"][quote user="jack208"]

[/quote]

OOOoooOOOooo Freebies!!!! [ohyeah]

[/quote]

Let the race begin!!!
Now I think you will post more than Datuk