Hello Guest

Forum Ranking or How to be a Jedi Legend

• 71 Replies

Offline rhyen

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 09:28:34 pm »
[quote user="jack208"]Pfosten auf englisch oder ich ziehen Punkte, Ka-bish ab? [hammerhead][/quote]

Is everyone here getting into the flavor for Essen 2007?

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2007, 07:20:25 am »
no. i dont even understand what everyone is talking about...

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2007, 08:16:35 am »

[quote user="rhyen"][quote user="jack208"]Pfosten auf englisch oder ich ziehen Punkte, Ka-bish ab? [hammerhead][/quote]

[/quote]

Ja.

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2007, 03:01:02 pm »
[quote user="rhyen"][quote user="jack208"]Pfosten auf englisch oder ich ziehen Punkte, Ka-bish ab? [hammerhead][/quote]

[/quote]

Ya - Van osser wannatu! Dopple ya!

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2007, 11:32:46 pm »
er. mercedes, bmw, volkswagon?
beer fest, sausage galore.....

where do u guys learn to speak german?

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 06:38:16 am »
All serious euro-gamers can speak, read and write german wat. U dunno ka? [;)]

Offline wolfx

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2007, 08:14:02 am »
Sauerkraut and Deucthland Shnitzel please.

Eurogamers are Neo-nazis.

Reference: CNN
XD

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2007, 08:34:30 am »

[quote user="wolfx"]Sauerkraut and Deucthland Shnitzel please.

Eurogamers are Neo-nazis.

Reference: CNN
XD[/quote]

oorrr.... u say bad words [bleer]
Got asterisked out...

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2007, 11:28:08 am »
[quote user="aanemesis"]All serious euro-gamers can speak, read and write german wat. U dunno ka? [;)][/quote]

tsk tsk. i guess i'm not serious enough. but tell me this though, how come u guys used laminated english cards for pillars instead of the original german one?

whahahahahaha

[pokeeye]

Offline rhyen

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2007, 12:36:09 pm »
[quote user="jackoverthehill"][quote user="aanemesis"]All serious euro-gamers can speak, read and write german wat. U dunno ka? [;)][/quote]

tsk tsk. i guess i'm not serious enough. but tell me this though, how come u guys used laminated english cards for pillars instead of the original german one?

whahahahahaha

[pokeeye]
[/quote]

nice one, so they might be using some sort of online translator?
then again, I suck at grammar.

Offline aycee

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2007, 02:12:12 pm »
Und wir dachten, daß jeder ein Babelfish in ihren Ohren hatte.

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2007, 03:46:40 pm »

[quote user="rhyen"][quote user="jackoverthehill"][quote user="aanemesis"]All serious euro-gamers can speak, read and write german wat. U dunno ka? [;)][/quote]

whahahahahaha

[pokeeye]
[/quote]

nice one, so they might be using some sort of online translator?
then again, I suck at grammar.
[/quote]

das ist, weil einige Neue nicht Deutschen lesen können.

Oh solli... forgot some dun read German. I mean to say "Oh that one's easy... it's becoz there are some noobs around like rhyen who doesn't und a single word of German!" So Datuk has to laminate English cards for them... [sweating]

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2007, 04:01:29 pm »
[quote user="jackoverthehill"]er. mercedes, bmw, volkswagon?
beer fest, sausage galore.....

where do u guys learn to speak german?
[/quote]

Jackoverthehill:
I learned German the HARD way. About 12 years ago, I bought my first German game - Settlers of Catan. All the rules were in German. I have never seen a German game before, but I heard of SoC. All my games were either American or British, but SoC was my first German game. I first spotted it during a skiing trip to Austria, via Germany, after seeing a German group play it in a German pub. I was playing Magic 2nd Ed at that time, as well as DBA and Avalon Hill games. The SoC at the pub looked reeeally cool. I so wanted toplay it. I really, really wanted to play SoC at that time, so I bought a German dictionary to translate the whole rulebook into broken English. I tried SoC out solo several times, and managed to play it well. Then I introduced my friends to SoC. They enjoyed it as well. Then I got Lowenherz, Serenissima, El Grande, Tigris & Eiphrates and Bohnanza. These were all in German. You see, in the early days of German games, all rules were in German. No translation included. If one does not know German, tough luck. Those times were exciting 'cos one learns to play a game as well as learning a new language. So, phrase, by phrase, sometimes, letter by letter, I translated all them German rulebooks. It was exciting at times like for example when, after 10 hours, I'd find the meaning of an obscure German word. The toughest was Tigris and Euphrates. The game concept was radical, the mechanisms were unique, the scoring was brilliant. Translating the rules from the German was the toughest task I have ever done. It took me ten whole days to do it. At the end of the tenth day, I was exhausted. Really exhausted. I had developed a cough and a fever. Then there was this rash. I had to go to the doctor 'cos the cough was getting worse and the fever was getting very high. And the rash..you don't want to know about the rash...So I went to the doctor. The doctor listened to my chest, took my temp, looked at my throat, inspected my spots,and said "You have German measles".

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2007, 08:11:06 pm »
wow. [clapclap]

seriously. respect to the fullest. person with passion and also lame jokes. hahaha. but good one nonetheless.

no wonder i've never heard of all this games way before....
but respect la. i konw ppl who learn a language because it's sexy la, for business la, want to kau lui la, but this is the first. honestly, u are one dedicated dude!

what about the rest? who are throwing this german terms around

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2007, 04:49:33 am »
We all are followers of Champion Eternal!!! [bow]

Champion Eternal ist der König!

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 06:24:13 am »
All Hail! [bow]

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 08:53:30 am »