Essen 2013

• 23 Replies

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
Essen 2013
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 12:15:09 pm »

Damien, we actually did have Essen OTK Nights last year... that's how we got CO2, Great Zimbabwe, Crude Oil etc played with the sessreps.

CK, you could extend the ESSEN games during OTK nights :P I've been trying to find a good excuse to finally play there. :)

- Damien

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Essen 2013
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 04:58:03 pm »

Still working on my list, probably set up a Geek List this weekend if anyone wants to check it out. 

If you have the time, please do. You could compare your before and after hauls. Probably games that totally didn't catch you attention but did during the event, games that you missed because of limited quota (curse the guy in front of you), hidden gems, share pictures (if you take some), demo impression etc.

:)

Damien, we actually did have Essen OTK Nights last year... that's how we got CO2, Great Zimbabwe, Crude Oil etc played with the sessreps.

CK, you could extend the ESSEN games during OTK nights :P I've been trying to find a good excuse to finally play there. :)

- Damien

Yeah, I remember. :) I'll make sure not to miss it this time, I hope. 

EDITED

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:58:38 pm by leoskyangel »

Essen 2013
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 05:06:07 pm »

What sleep? Lol. 

Top hit: Russian Railroads (already highly rated by game designers, reviewers)

Top 5: Caverna: The Cave Farmers (just for the Agricola fanbois), Prosperity (this is like a top secret project, still no pictures and rulebook), Glass Road (buzz from Terra Mytica will get people looking), Tash-Kalar (Vlaadaaaaaa)

Strong: Legacy, Concordia, Coal Baron, Bruxelles, Rampage!, Bremerhaven, Madeira, Amerigo

Underdogs: Machi Koro, Trains & Stations, Mascarade, Lewis & Clark, Artifact, Theseus

2013's "Trains" (sold out in 60 seconds): PatchHistory (50 copies, so gonna bum rush this one!)

Ok, I'll keep a close look on these while the event is running. The real-time geekbuzz at BGG booth normally tells first time impression on games the attendees have played during demos, so that could tell some things. The past (Essen and Gencon) have all been weird to me, but it's fun to see.

Offline kaz

• @onevictorypoint on Instagram
  • BGG ID: onetonmee
  • Gaming Grp: The League

Essen 2013
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 10:53:28 pm »

Alright, for those who are going, I wish you good luck with your trip! Meet as many gamers/friends out there and make sure to have fun!

- Damien

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
Essen 2013
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 07:48:49 am »

eeyah! We sure will!! :)

Alright, for those who are going, I wish you good luck with your trip! Meet as many gamers/friends out there and make sure to have fun!

- Damien

Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)