Hello Guest

2008 Carcassonne Championship (Msia)

• 38 Replies
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 08:22:22 am »
Aanemesis is so traumatized by it that he wrote a review on carc on BBG and promptly flamed big time by others.

Carc is not that bad in terms of randomness.
There are only 3 specific things you can do when you randomly draw a tile :
1. Help you score if the tile is good
2. Help you screw other by blocking his expansion if the tile draw is not to your advantage
3. If you cannot screw, put it someplace that is safe from both parties.

Here are few tips for newbies, feel free to add more :
- Farm scores big time in the end game, do sacrifice a few meeples early for farming. Note the word sacrifice.
- Always have some meeples in your hand. Who knows when opportunities comes a knocking
- Remember, you can share points with your opponents. By sharing, you negate his advantage. Find ways by clever placement of tiles to share his spoils.
- If opponent has a farmer, find ways to share. If cannot, then find ways to limits his ability to link-up completed castles.
- There are only a few type of tile designs, especially the castle. Do remember them, that way you'll know if the castle you're building has a chance of completing or not.
- Roads, Castles & Cloisters STILL score points in the end. Never stop expanding you existing areas. This way, you don't have to place more meeples than neccessary by creating new areas.

Offline c mun

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 09:15:05 am »
[quote user="aanemesis"]

c mun, I had a very bad experience with my first game of Carc, receiving a royal screwing from the 2 jokers who were supposed to teach me the game. That left a very bad taste for a long time. However, as I started playing eurogames, I gave it a second chance. By then, I developed a preference for games with less luck and rely more on skill & player interaction. Carc's normal game of single tile draws is a bit more random than I like.

However, I know it is a fav with the ladies. BGG seems to have Carc on lists of "games to play with wives/gf/chicks" etc on a regular basis. So if got ladies want to play, I can join wan... no problem. But I myself wouldn't suggest playing it with the gaming kakis la.

[/quote]

How sad..coloured experience.Well,if it's my group I'll make sure it shall be not! 'Bad experience ' should not be part of gaming,always learning.Come and play then at the upcoming Ladies Gaming Night that I'm organising on the 14th Dec 2007,Fri.It is 'The Paradigm Shift' of the century.Yes,you can pick your favourite scent to spice up the board(hehehe).

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 05:46:40 pm »
Edwin
Is the Carcassone Competition open for everyone or will it be restricted to schools only?

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 03:24:58 am »
sorry, 2008 carcassonne contestant will be a junior (ie. student), so it will be a schools only tournament...

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 04:03:38 am »

[quote user="c mun"]Come and play then at the upcoming Ladies Gaming Night that I'm organising on the 14th Dec 2007,Fri.It is 'The Paradigm Shift' of the century.Yes,you can pick your favourite scent to spice up the board(hehehe).[/quote]

That sounds intriguing! Where will this be?

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 06:38:42 am »
[quote user="aanemesis"]

[quote user="c mun"]Come and play then at the upcoming Ladies Gaming Night that I'm organising on the 14th Dec 2007,Fri.It is 'The Paradigm Shift' of the century.Yes,you can pick your favourite scent to spice up the board(hehehe).[/quote]

That sounds intriguing! Where will this be?

[/quote]

I'm gonna laugh out loud should you get royal 'screwing' from 2 ladies instead.

hahahahaha

hey! wait a min...  [evillook]

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 08:48:11 am »
Depending on the ladies, but last I checked, royal "screwing" by two ladies is not entirely disadvantegous to aanemesis :P

Offline Champion Eternal

• <B>JEDI MASTER</B>
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 01:08:01 pm »
[quote user="macedwin"]sorry, 2008 carcassonne contestant will be a junior (ie. student), so it will be a schools only tournament...[/quote]

I thought so...there are some on BGC who were not aware of this when we spoke last Sat.

Offline c mun

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2007, 12:50:13 pm »

[quote user="Champion Eternal"][quote user="macedwin"]sorry, 2008 carcassonne contestant will be a junior (ie. student), so it will be a schools only tournament...[/quote]

I thought so...there are some on BGC who were not aware of this when we spoke last Sat.
[/quote]

Fully conscious and well aware to it now. Thank you CE. Sent you PM.