BGC Retreat 2015 - Vote for lucky draw game

• 14 Replies

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
  • BGG ID: jack208
  • Gaming Grp: OTK Cheras
BGC Retreat 2015 - Vote for lucky draw game
« on: September 23, 2015, 03:35:52 am »

As is customary in each of our annual BGC Retreat, there'll be one lucky draw prize of a medium-weight Euro game. We've given away games like Long Shot, Kingdom Builder, etc but this year we thought we'll make it more interesting for the participants by asking you to choose any one game for us to buy from Essen for the lucky draw!

Yes you read it right, you can choose a game that we'll get for you from Essen Spiel 2015 - it can also be an older release - and one of you lucky participants will get to bring it home at the end of Day Two. The criteria for the game selection

• Price between RM150 - RM220 (or between USD35 - USD50)

• Not a limited collector edition or OOP (it can still be a hard-to-stock game)

• However if we get to meet the author, we'll be happy to get the game signed by the author (but that means you agreed to accept an "open" non-shrinkwrapped game)

BGC will give our best effort to acquire the game in Essen, however in the event we cannot get the first game of choice, we'll get the one with the 2nd most votes etc.

If you are one of the BGC Retreat 2015 participants, welcome to cast your vote here. One vote each. Non-participant votes won't be counted (since the forum does not provide a mechanism for us to limit who can cast votes so in theory this is open to everyone).

If no one casts any vote, then BGC wil exercise our own discretion and pick up any game in the above price range for the lucky draw. So exercise your choice to influence us now. :)

Note: I've not tried the poll feature of this forum in allowing others (non-poster) to add more choices. If you do not see the "Edit This Poll" option, then it means only I can add more game choices to the poll. If this is the case, I'll give everyone a chance to shout their game(s) of choice to add to the list above. You can shout more than one game (but remember, the more choices you have, the more diluted the votes would be). Everyone have until end of this month 30/9 to add your choice of game(s).

After which, I'll remind everyone on 1/10 to cast your votes.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:40:45 pm by jack208 »
Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Re: BGC Retreat 2015 - Vote for lucky draw game
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 12:21:42 pm »
Dont think 504 will be in that price range

Offline kaz

• @onevictorypoint on Instagram
  • BGG ID: onetonmee
  • Gaming Grp: The League
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 01:07:54 pm »

504 is 65 Euros. :P

I'm not a participant, but I'll shout "Shakespeare" ! Haha..

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 01:39:30 pm »
kekeke.. I didn't know 504's retail price. The sys needed two choices so I saja add one game there. Will replace it with Shakespeare now, and also pending other's shout for their game choices. :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:01:16 pm by jack208 »
Become a BGC Insider. Be among the first to hear of our new arrivals, special offers and promo events. Sign-up for our newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dbrcz5

Browse over 1,000 in-stock titles, order online and have your order delivered direct to your doorstep (free delivery for orders above RM150 to West Msia)

Offline kaz

• @onevictorypoint on Instagram
  • BGG ID: onetonmee
  • Gaming Grp: The League
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 01:04:20 am »

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 04:55:39 pm »

Looney Quest and/or Me Want Cookies

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 10:51:00 am »

i vote for an author signed game from any of the big companies - Queen/Alea/Heidelberger/Asmodee/FantasyFlight/...

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 12:15:30 pm »

Not participating either but the prize should be Food Chain Magnate

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 05:00:45 pm »
That's a good suggestion Emil. :P

Oh I forgot to mention, non-participation's suggestion if taken up shall be sponsored by the non-participant who suggested it. *cough*.

Everyone, join me in saying a big Thank You to emil for his sponsorship (we'll remove the upper limit on price to allow his suggestion to go thru!!)  :bow:

Quote from: derchef
Not participating either but the prize should be Food Chain Magnate
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 03:53:49 pm by jack208 »

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 07:32:17 am »
Another suggestion: pandemic legacy signed by Matt leacock
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:32:57 am by ayheng »

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 03:26:55 pm »

I can sponsor some 'junk' games, should be quite a few since I always buy blindly... :P

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 09:40:18 am »

I can sponsor some 'junk' games, should be quite a few since I always buy blindly... :P

blownfreaks, I remember some of your junk games like Here I Stand, Virgin Queen, 18OE... can we have those :P

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 10:56:17 pm »
I can't just simply donate/sponsor also, I need to seek the organizer's approval. They might have something interesting in place for all the participants...

Offline jack208

• BGC Webstore
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 03:48:01 am »

Alrite since Hengy mentioned this game we found a pristine German copy in Essen and will be unveiling it for this year's Retreat Lucky Draw prize. you lucky fellas! [rolleyes]

[attachment=411:Die Handler.jpg]

p/s Dun get your hope too high. We are going to rig the lucky draw so that Hengy will *cough* win this  [singer] 

Offline ayheng

• JEDI MASTER
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 10:43:51 am »

blownfreaks: no reply from organiser = consent given

jack208:  [hammer]